real time web analytics
Question - - Bridge of allan mine | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Bridge of allan mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Possibly, its listed on Aditnow as Airthrey hill copper mine and there are some pictures from inside taken in 2011, there seem to be a number of mines for copper and silver in the area but all look to be pretty small scale operations.

novice_strength

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Possibly, its listed on Aditnow as Airthrey hill copper mine and there are some pictures from inside taken in 2011, there seem to be a number of mines for copper and silver in the area but all look to be pretty small scale operations.

Big or small it's always worth checking out...:thumb

Said no women ever

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So do I but always worth an ask before a 7+ hour (walking time not included) bus journey :banghead
Seven hours? Where are you travelling from? I get the train to Cults mine but its only about a twenty five minute journey, then a four mile walk to the mine.

novice_strength

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seven hours? Where are you travelling from? I get the train to Cults mine but its only about a twenty five minute journey, then a four mile walk to the mine.

Newtyle (between Dundee and blairgowrie)
It depends if I want to spend money on travel. I can get anywhere in Scotland for free using buses. I would be paying for using the train

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think you'll find its nothing like seven hours travelling to get to Stirling area, its not a great distance.

novice_strength

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think you'll find its nothing like seven hours travelling to get to Stirling area, its not a great distance.

It all depends when im leaving and what type of transport id be using. Im taking into account waiting times between connections. its about 3 and a bity hours for me using buses if i left first thing in the morning

Using the train would cut down the time though

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
So do I but always worth an ask before a 7+ hour (walking time not included) bus journey :banghead

7 hour bus journey from Newtyle, may I suggest you get on a bus that has wheels on it ;)

Possibly find something closer to home in the Glorious Kingdom of Fife, plenty of small mines there to have a look at.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Bowden Hill mine was worth a visit, some nice surfafe features and lime kilns in the area, been down a few more around there. All were worth a visit, not huge, but you could probably visit a few in a day.

AmMo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had no idea this was so close to me! Will definitely be going for a wee visit

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had no idea this was so close to me! Will definitely be going for a wee visit
That Glencryan mine I was at isn't too far from Stirling, thats a quite substantial mine with open access at present.