real time web analytics
Report - - Browns Folly 12-12-09 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Browns Folly 12-12-09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

petzl

Explorational Urbanite
28DL Full Member
Of to Chippenham early morning to meet up with tommo, Then off to meet reef. At the site we met up with bonecollector and 2 others, Sorry guys I don't remember your names.

Browns Folly is always a good explore. Soon as we were in we set up for some brecky. Thanks tommo for the bacon roll. Then off we mooched. Its was as always many hours down there, so after the explore we were back at the brecky bar and another fry up on the go.

Any way less talking about food and more photos.

Enjoy

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09021.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09025.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09030.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09034.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09035.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09037.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09043.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09045.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09046.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09047.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09049.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09052.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09059.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09061.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09065.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09067.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09064.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09054.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09058.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09056.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09016.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09013.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09014.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09015.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09011.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09010.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09012.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09008.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09004.jpg

BrownsandWestwood12-12-09005.jpg

petzl

Explorational Urbanite
28DL Full Member
I guess that the colours are very cold - compared to what you get if you give it some auto white balance / auto colour in photoshop.

But it was a very cold day, so i must have feeling in my photos lol

vwdirtboy

Keeuunnntt!
28DL Full Member
Easy on the non banging fireworks drive! looks great on film, but a moment of forethought for the protected bats in a protected (avon wildlife trust) site. especially during winter (the hibernation months) fumes from gunpowder and especially phosphorus lingering for hours won't do them any good! when you take into account that a bats lungs are smaller than a pea they wouldn't have to inhale much to keel over. not moaning man.. just pointing out the less obvious aspects of our trade!

keep on truckin right.

spungletrumpet

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, don't incur the wrath of the bat Brigade, Petzl..
There's plenty of bat-free places to do shit like that. :thumb

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
got a place you can do what you want mate and no bats or people or mines or caves will be harmed

petzl

Explorational Urbanite
28DL Full Member
Easy on the non banging fireworks drive! looks great on film, but a moment of forethought for the protected bats in a protected (avon wildlife trust) site. especially during winter (the hibernation months) fumes from gunpowder and especially phosphorus lingering for hours won't do them any good! when you take into account that a bats lungs are smaller than a pea they wouldn't have to inhale much to keel over. not moaning man.. just pointing out the less obvious aspects of our trade!

keep on truckin right.

I take in consideration of bats.... but we must remember like all life form on this world. we just don't die out just cause some thing different that happens, Most of the time we adapted, if it keeps happening. Other than that as life, we say what the fuck was that, and I hope they go away soon. I hope with in all the 1000's of bats I've seen. I have not changed there life in any way. THAT WOULD BE THE LAST THING I WOULD WANNA DO.

I know about the avon wildlife trust. I don't climb on the places when the birds are getting in on, On the portway. Same as.... I have learnt the hard way that we must respect the life we don't see.

But really.... lets think about the pikeys.... who go in, rip out, and burn the plastic from the metal they want. Don't forget that with out people like us, who would report and show Batman what's going on.

Why is the fight with the ones that understand.

Trust me mate. I'm not A HIPPY but I do know what life means.
It's sharing this world and understanding every life you come across.

But anyway, thanks mate for telling me I'm doing wrong. I would love to return the favour one day :thumb

vwdirtboy

Keeuunnntt!
28DL Full Member
Hi, as i said at the end of my original post "not moaning man..:banghead" and i'm not.. nor am i telling you that you are doing wrong. I just feel there are better places to experiment with fireworks and photography/art. I doubt the bats could adapt that quickly unless they've managed to find some bat sized gas masks stashed down there.. as an active member of the avon wildlife trust and an avid U/G explorer i don't fancy roaming around browns picking up dead bats as i have in the past. You and i have no control over what pikeys and chavs:crazy get upto down there, i just automatically credit folks on here with a little more nouse as to the sensitivity of U/G ecosystems. PM me on here or DP and we'll go for a pint and you'll see i'm not just some self righteous cock having a moan..lol. Also top notch effort on your trip reports man.. i like!

P.S i look forward to the day your telling i off.:thumb

Big love and keep on truckin.:thumb

Last edited: