real time web analytics
Question - - Burlingham Mill - Bury St Edmunds - Suffolk | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Burlingham Mill - Bury St Edmunds - Suffolk

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Witness

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about this one for a while now..... being from bury st edmunds, for as long as i can remember this place has been abandoned but always been fenced off and had always had live businesses surrounding it so access had never been perfect...... currently as we speak the old businesses have been demolished and the typically houses are being built on the old grounds which has opened up some access points and made it a bit easier to scout.

i Guess my question is... has anyone had the pleasure of exploring this building at all....? as i have said before this building has been closed for years and years.... well before i got into exploring... search results don't seem to bring up anything maybe one of you has had a look but not reported it...?

I recently went and had a look... the easiest way to get to the building is to walk of the edge of the platform at bury st Edmunds train station although i hopped the fence next to the building site for a mooch .... all entrances that i could see have been bricked up, its also worth noting the is a camera around the back of the building although its not directed on the mill , but directed of the construction machinery. I need to go back and try get around the otherside to see if the is any way in but i havent found the time lately.... maybe if no body from here has been in it might give me the kick up the backside to try again,

I'm pretty scared its going to be torn down at any second i have seen loads of applications to demolish it but none really seem to come to fruition, but now the housing development has started it makes me think its next!

Some more Information

The Burlingham family had been in the seed business since the 18th century with John Burlingham establishing the first family seed mill at Sapeston, England in 1773. John's son George established G.Burlingham Seeds at Bury St. Edmunds in 1815 and his son Ernest
settled in Forest Grove, Oregon where he established the firm of E.F.Burlingham & Sons.

Pics

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Yeh I did it years ago. It's fairly empty. At the time part of it was being used by said buisnesses for storage and it was alarmed in that part. Pretty typical old empty matlings/mill inside but probably worth another look now the other places down there have gone.

The Witness

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh I did it years ago. It's fairly empty. At the time part of it was being used by said buisnesses for storage and it was alarmed in that part. Pretty typical old empty matlings/mill inside but probably worth another look now the other places down there have gone.

Cheers speed! Definetly want to check it out just in case it comes down!

Who has read this thread (Total: 216) View details