real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Cala Mondrago Machine Gun Nest - Mallorca - April 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Cala Mondrago Machine Gun Nest - Mallorca - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Machine Gun Nest - Cala Mondrago Natural Park - Mallorca

Gutted as I was to miss out on a trip under Bradford, I consoled myself by sipping Estrella
on the lovely east coast of Mallorca.
It was in Cala Mondrago Natural park that I quite literally stumbled upon this defence bunker
..in hindsight (maybe one too many Estrella)

Lovingly restored, it now serves as a tourist attraction within the park, and although it wasn't
technically 'open' if they will leave a set of keys hanging out of the door I would have to investigate.

1-DSC_0280_zps472a671f.jpg

It says the site was constructed in the 1940's as a military vantage point to monitor
the entry of boats into the coves, and stands on the same site as an earlier bunker
circa 1700, which was used to warn of Pirate activity around the coastline

1-DSC_0255_zps2ae66ecb.jpg

not the worst of views whilst catching a breather awaiting invasion

1-DSC_0260_zpsb34c0b26.jpg

1-DSC_0276_zps74620178.jpg

1-DSC_0277_zps238577de.jpg

1-DSC_0264_zps12c57391.jpg

The boy, keen for another holiday explore, fresh from being inserted into a
pill-box the day before...much to the disgust of the Mrs :D

1-DSC_0270_zps4298656d.jpg

1-DSC_0275_zpsb940b4e8.jpg

better than the view from my office, I don't have a machine gun at my desk either
although working in Salford, it would be handy

1-DSC_0273_zpsd3a3c4da.jpg

On the way out, we were met by a rather annoyed looking forestry worker jangling
a set of keys and pointing at the red and white tape around the bunker that I had
somehow missed :confused....anyway, I blame the boy.

Thanks for looking !​

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The boy, keen for another holiday explore, fresh from being inserted into a
pill-box the day before...much to the disgust of the Mrs :D

On the way out, we were met by a rather annoyed looking forestry worker jangling
a set of keys and pointing at the red and white tape around the bunker that I had
somehow missed :confused....anyway, I blame the boy.

Haha, the boy did good! Sounds like he's a handy fella to have around when exploring :D