real time web analytics
Chernobyl........... | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Chernobyl...........

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers for the link OSK, will take a look later, did not get chance to look at it yesterday.

KooK

Tall & Flexible
28DL Full Member
Thanks for posting this OLDSKOOL, moving. I heard that Chernobyl will be closed next summer to fit a new sheild over the reactor, I'm hoping to go next October time, does anyone know if its likely to be finished by then?

O

Oldskool

Thanks for posting this OLDSKOOL, moving. I heard that Chernobyl will be closed next summer to fit a new sheild over the reactor, I'm hoping to go next October time, does anyone know if its likely to be finished by then?

that shouldnt effect anything you cant get to close to the reactor anyway i was under the impression its was being done in 2013

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great little film (and site) that.

A very moving and shocking set of photos.

Think i am going to look for the book.

Cheers for posting.

O

Oldskool

Nah you can :)

Hi

My visit had the new reactor shield going on early next year, and it will take 3-4 years to complete

So if you did go next year kook, i would imagine you wont be allowed anywhere near the reactor

you mean this one......yes

DSC_0053.jpg

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
but your picture is reactor 5, it was never finished, its not the one what blew up..

The one that blew up was reactor 4, which is what im stood outside of. which is getting the new shield.

O

Oldskool

but your picture is reactor 5, it was never finished, its not the one what blew up..

The one that blew up was reactor 4, which is what im stood outside of. which is getting the new shield.

aaahhh i thought my pic was reactor 4 the one thats in a concrete crypt

KooK

Tall & Flexible
28DL Full Member
very nice, I'm more interested in Pripyat though, so hopefully it won't put too much of a dampner on the trip...or I can always put it off and go Arizona/Detroit instead :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details