real time web analytics
Report - - Cincinnati Machine Tools, Birmingham - June 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cincinnati Machine Tools, Birmingham - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Miss.Industrial

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cincinnati Machine Tools was a world renowned manufacturer of milling machines. In the 1950's a large factory and modern headquarters was built alongside the canal at Erdington. The buildings are a striking post war modernist statement running along a traditional section of Birmingham waterway, with a single curved span concrete bridge connecting the main entrance to the opposite bank. The design has a particularly modern transatlantic feel when compared to many other contemporary industrial headquarters.

The interior of the offices is lavishly fitted out with Green Marble and Patent Tiling, The Directors penthouse flat on the top floor has a stunning view over Birmingham and a roof terrace. The origonal board room still retains its original table and much of the original hardwood furniture made for the building when new has survived. The sheer number of quality fixtures and fittings really makes this place a must see for anyone even remotely interested in twentieth century industrial design.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Re: Cincinnati Machine Tools, Birmingham June 2014

Very nice, auditorium looks sweet.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User

this is the kind of place where you don't mind if its empty inside... those walls... and loving that curv-a-licious ceiling in third pic.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I like this a lot and those floor tiles in pic 6 i think it is had to look twice they seem to be an optical illusion. Good work.

bubblehead

you lost the game
28DL Full Member

Ya bugger, we were only talking about how this place was due for another going at again. Instead of trying here last week we went to dig out a mine :mad
The theatre flooding has gotten a lot higher than last time we were there

iamsilverfox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

wow this place looks lovely. cant wait. great pictures man. some of the floor tile designs are great ha.

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User

Good to see this again for cos it's been a while. One of my first outings in that large playground that is UE. Never got a glimpse of the penthouse as I believe it was occupied by security at the time. Would of liked to see it.
Nice one Joe.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User

Have i ever told you two your pretty weird :P

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User

This be awesome, I should get back to Birmingham.

Deadman

28DL Member
28DL Member

Hi
How easy was it to gain access, and where please, fantastic pictures etc
Regards
Deadman