real time web analytics
Information - - Cinemas and Theatres in need of Exploration | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Cinemas and Theatres in need of Exploration

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Yep. Perfect example of why I started this thread. It's been empty since April and closure was announced a few years ago yet it was still missed.

slayaaaa

Alex Buckley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Walthamstow Cinema. I take it access here must be extremely difficult as it been so long since an explore? Does anyone have any experience on this one?

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I'll attempt to filter my way through this lot: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/united-kingdom/england/london?status=closed 841 closed cinemas in London :S Says 431 have been demolished and 9 renovated. Renovated and demolished stats are wrong but there'll easily be a fair few kicking about we've all missed.
Here's a link to a map for more in the rest of the UK (almost 4,000 recorded!): http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/united-kingdom/england?status=closed
Check your local one maybe? :)

When i first started on this thats basically what i did. Go through their list of closed ones and try to find some that were sitting derelict. Thing is nowadays id probably find a lot more than i did then. It counts ones that have been 'reused' as closed. thats why the stats so big but you have to wade through them all to find out which have closed again after that. Back when i did it before i dont even think there was streetview so it was hard work trying to identify even where some of them were.

As for Walthamstow go have a look. Thats what we need people to do! My experience has been it only getting harder to get in over the years but in that time its been squatted so they must have got in somehow, it was probably just bad luck on my part. Now there is allegedly work happening there it could well come open again but you need to be quick or it will just end up like the one in Woolwich

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Unfortunately Whiteladies Picture House in Bristol is a bit far gone too as we found out a couple weeks ago:

_DSC7177.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I wondered what was going on there now. We must have done them all in Bristol now?

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
I wondered what was going on there now. We must have done them all in Bristol now?

Everything in Bristol yeah. We did the Rex too before it got bulldozed but again it was a little too late. No seats or anything. Pretty sure theres a report up on that one.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Even if you can find out if there is indeed workers in there it would be of use.

Who has read this thread (Total: 457) View details