real time web analytics
Report - - Cwm Coke Works | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cwm Coke Works

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

condor00

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited Wales recently for a day exploring, after 2 successful and amazing explores there was some debate about going here as we'd heard security was tight. In the end we decided to go and were not disappointed! Access was a little tricky as it is well fenced off and then once inside the fence there is a lot of thick bush to get through. However all the thorns and low branches are DEFINITELY worth it for the view! We stayed away from the end which we had heard had offices overlooking it and didn't see any security although I don't doubt they are there due to what looked like some very new floodlights installed around the site. Unfortunately the sun was setting as we arrived we didn't have nearly enough time to photograph all of it but will have to go again soon! Here are a few pictures...
IMG_20190210_165831.jpg

IMG_20190210_170057.jpg
IMG_20190210_164857.jpg
IMG_20190210_170943.jpg

IMG_20190210_164615.jpg

IMG_20190210_170606.jpg

IMG_20190210_170008.jpg

IMG_20190210_171304.jpg

IMG_20190210_163305.jpg

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Nice report,the last photos nice

Not much chance of getting up that conveyor anymore without being spotted,seems most of the panels have blown off.

condor00

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report,the last photos nice

Not much chance of getting up that conveyor anymore without being spotted,seems most of the panels have blown off.
Yeah wouldn't trust the floor around the conveyor to hold up either, definitely would love to get up there as they're the only way into the top of that huge tower that I could see.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Stone steps (on the outside) on the road side of the tower.

Not sure what sort of condition they are in now though either...

They were OK a few years ago, fancied those concrete steps more than the conveyor steps back then luckily security seemingly took the morning off at the time, its right in full view of pretty much everything haha.

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
They were OK a few years ago, fancied those concrete steps more than the conveyor steps back then luckily security seemingly took the morning off at the time, its right in full view of pretty much everything haha.

Half way up the stone steps and while perusing the general view towards Beddau / Llantrisant Common, noticed the slow saunter of a high vis jacketed person coming up the road.

Needless to say, once hitting the ground, the staircase seemed an awful lot lower than we thought it was !

Last we saw of him though.

condor00

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stone steps (on the outside) on the road side of the tower.

Not sure what sort of condition they are in now though either...
Ah good to know, thanks:) yeah I'd guess they're a bit run down but I'll give them a cautious try next time I go and report on how it goes.

condor00

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow this is right on my door step, fab pictures would not mind tagging along with you if you go over there again
Yeah mate! Some mates have been since but ended up getting caught by secca, I think the evening is probably the best time to go to avoid that (or we may have just got very lucky that time I went)c