real time web analytics
Report - - DERA - The Return Jan '11 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DERA - The Return Jan '11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
So a month after my first visit here left me gagging for more, I returned with half of the original unearthers of the site, Flubbera87. If I called the half of the site I did with him in December excellent, the other side was absolutely epic....but more on that later. All I can say is we had an uninterrupted pretty leisurely explore, but see this while it lasts as apparently in four months or so demolition is going to start. I apologise for the quality of some pics but the light in here is pretty bad in places.

Welcome to DERA...

DSCF1761.jpg

DSCF1762.jpg

One of the buildings we looked around today was a lot like one on the other half of the site, following a specific pattern at least on the 1st and 2nd floors - office type rooms arranged around the outside of the floors taking advantage of the large amount of windows, and various test rooms, computer rooms, toilets etc on the inside, all windowless with corridors running around the floor in between the two. The first room that caught our eyes contained a soundproof booth.

DSCF1709.jpg

DSCF1713.jpg

Another random object left behind, a data cartridge from the 80s

DSCF1724.jpg

Whiteboard at the top of the stairs, note the word Pyestock and a scribbled map....

DSCF1714.jpg

One of the corridors, they're all pretty much the same.

DSCF1718.jpg

DERA signage on the stairs

DSCF1725.jpg

On the ground floor things began to get more interesting, this conference room was rather cool. There was a projection room behind it with mirrors and stuff, but no projector:(

DSCF1732.jpg

More random stuff left on noteboards

DSCF1734.jpg

Then we found a workshop/laboratory type place with this bizarre looking beast inside. The recent bad weather has affected this part of the building, and water is beginning to seep in.

DSCF1736.jpg

Then, we found a storeroom...

DSCF1744.jpg

DSCF1742.jpg

DSCF1741.jpg

DSCF1748.jpg

Those full body suits, it would turn out were the suits soldiers being trained in freezing conditions wore inside the extreme cold chambers. We also found a box full of photos from the site in use, which I'll add in a subsequent post.

Random extendable plug socket in a test room

DSCF1766.jpg

The basement promised much but delivered little, only a couple of boilers and a lot of ripped out insulation. These signs were unnerving though....

DSCF1763.jpg

That's it for the first building, the bigger, and by far the better building will follow....

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details