real time web analytics
Report - - Durham Road Crane, Sheffield - July 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Durham Road Crane, Sheffield - July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
‘The facility will provide much needed spaces for visitors to our university. Significant events in our calendar, including graduation and open days, will benefit from this car park. The car park will also support much improved utilisation of the Octagon Centre and new Students’ Union building’.

This crane was located along Durham Road, in the University of Sheffield owned sector of Sheffield. Once completed, the car park will provide an additional 500 parking spaces on the campus. It will also hold a retail unit in the lower ground section and this will be accessible on the Glossop Road side of the building. Although the multi-story car park is being funded by the university, space allocation will be shared between both the Children’s hospital; which will be given 100 spaces, the general public (as a short stay car park) and, of course, the university. Prior to construction all of the windows in the Husband Building, namely those overlooking the project, were double glazed to reduce noise and dirt pollution. It is anticipated that the project will be completed by December 2015.

After a few hours down Megatron, myself and Ford Mayhem decided to head out into the city to have a crack at one of the many cranes that are currently located in Sheffield. As follows, we wandered around for a bit, weighing up our options, until we finally chose one that looked to be the highest of them all. Somehow, or so we hope, we managed to evade a number of security cameras on our way into the site, and we were careful to avoid a few PIR’s as we wandered around inside to reach the base of the crane. After that, we climbed the ladder until we reached the flat platform at the top. Although it was fairly windy, we managed to set up the tripods and grab a few shots of the surrounding city. And, while some of the shots are slightly blurred, we hadn’t expected such a nice platform in the first place so they’re probably a lot better than they would have been. We spent a fair while up there; trying out the cabin which we’d discovered was open, climbing over the front of the rig and up to the very top platform, but finally left as the sun could be seen peeking over the horizon in the distance.

Explored with Ford Mayhem.

1:

DSC_0122a_zpsltqjnadx.jpg

2:

DSC_0127a_zps8odhyilb.jpg

3:

DSC_0137a_zps5fv8jh66.jpg

4:

DSC_0138a_zps5mp0ubas.jpg

5:

DSC_0142a_zpspdt7q1yt.jpg

6:

DSC_0143a_zpsbmovnevy.jpg

7:

DSC_0146a_zpsrlngmj43.jpg

8:

DSC_0150a_zpsjgfudogv.jpg

9:

DSC_0151a_zpsdxi8t40c.jpg

10:

DSC_0152a_zpsjfdvzthm.jpg

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
:thumbNicely done mate

If I could have kept my eyes open I'd have come along to hinder you lol

I was just thinking after what happened in Manchester the other day, maybe editing the access details a little bit ?

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
:thumbNicely done mate

If I could have kept my eyes open I'd have come along to hinder you lol

I was just thinking after what happened in Manchester the other day, maybe editing the access details a little bit ?

I think your should would probably have held up.

Hmmm, I see your point about the access. Still an effort to get in there like, and I think we were pretty lucky with secca.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details