real time web analytics
Report - - Food Research Facility Surrey-July 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Food Research Facility Surrey-July 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Serenity4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Food Research Facility

Our Visit: After a long evening of searching for sites to visit online we eventually found this place, so decided to head over the following morning and take a look. We didn't know what to expect or if we could even gain access. The building is well secured so it took us a while to find our entrance. We noticed motion sensors and CCTV outside so we tried to avoid them, but didn't think much of it. The first stop was to the chemistry lab, all of the equipment has been stripped out leaving pristine white worksurfaces. The majority of the building consists of long corridors, small conference rooms, research labs and kitchens. Not a great deal to be seen, however its free from any heavy decay.
We spent a good hour 1/2 looking around undisturbed until looking out one of the windows we noticed a police van pull up outside! Out they get along with the security for the site. Hiding in the building and waiting for them to come and find us didn't seem like the best of ideas, so we made our way out the exit and handed ourselves in. Apparently, they had been called out to a 'burglary in progress' so sent out a few units including the dog handler. They all seemed really calm about the situation and after checking the building over they let us on our way! Turns out the security actually came into the building whilst we were taking photographs but couldn't find us so esculated it further... Not quite how we expected the explore to end.
Unfortunately, we didn't have time to head on the roof to take some photos or check around the front on the building but happy with what we got.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg
f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

f16.jpg

f17.jpg

f18.jpg

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

p3.jpg

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
It's a good place this. lucky the cops were cool with you being there.
*NB Those things hanging on the walls are silent alarms that notified secca to your whereabouts. :thumb

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice one for getting it done. I know a few others have been since I went with @Grom and they didn’t manage to get in. We had a good 5/6 hours inside, secca walked round the outside once but never stopped. You didn’t really miss much, you saw all the best bits!

makexouthill

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome explore! So much equipment left over, eh? Good guy cops, though! At least they were understanding, hahaha.

Serenity4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one for getting it done. I know a few others have been since I went with @Grom and they didn’t manage to get in. We had a good 5/6 hours inside, secca walked round the outside once but never stopped. You didn’t really miss much, you saw all the best bits!

We almost gave up trying to look for an entrance but eventually gained access, glad we managed to get it done though.

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
Just visited last night, had about an hour or two mooch about before security and dogs came, saying theyre getting sick of all the explorers. I was excited to get a report up but yours is much better than i couldv done, plus @Grom ’s one is probably great too

Serenity4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just visited last night, had about an hour or two mooch about before security and dogs came, saying theyre getting sick of all the explorers. I was excited to get a report up but yours is much better than i couldv done, plus @Grom ’s one is probably great too
Thanks, least you gave it a go! Their patience is probably running thin to be honest

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Yeah it seems this is the popular hot spot at the moment. Alarms weren't working when we went, but clearly they do now. If they are going to be coming out each time an explorer attempts it, then they are going to get real bored of it real fast.