real time web analytics
Report - - Ford Foundry, Leamington Spa 30.09.07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ford Foundry, Leamington Spa 30.09.07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

G

Goldeeno

IMG_0108e.jpg

Had this one on the cards for a while now, and finally got to have a mooch round tonight along with Dakota and ZeroRPM, well done mate for completing your first explore. Hope you enjoyed it.

The site has been closed for a while now and already alot of work has been done in gutting the place and sealing the most interesting parts.... grrr.
Unfortunatly we didnt manage to gain access to the main part of the site, alot of welding and security fencing stood in our way at every door.

IMG_0068e.jpg

However we did manage to have a good roam round for a couple of hours, and also found some really cool parts.
The whole conveyor system was pretty cool with all the hoppers along its length, and the masses of pipe work and gantry to run along.

IMG_0015e.jpg

IMG_0017e.jpg

IMG_0020e.jpg

Also found some of the old melting pots and some new ones etc and a big Electro Magnetic Crane.
IMG_0060e.jpg

IMG_0059e.jpg

We also had a look round the maintainence shop and round some other parts. Like i say a bit saddened by the fact the main site was completly locked down, but still a fantastic explore, the photos dont do it justice.

IMG_0005e.jpg

IMG_0028e.jpg

IMG_0044e.jpg

IMG_0078e.jpg

IMG_0085e.jpg

Sadly we didnt get to see the Core Shop, Fettling Shop or the mould lines, which is really what i wanted to see. But with the active security there was only one way in there i think, throught there office.
IMG_0093e.jpg