real time web analytics
Report - - Former Bristol Magistrates Court - July 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Former Bristol Magistrates Court - July 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

END-PROC

Delta Infiltration
28DL Full Member

History

The magistrates court is a 5 story complex built in the early 1970s and has been abandoned since the relocation of Bristol Magistrates services about 2005/06. There have been plans of redevelopment for at least the past 3 years but nothing has happened as of yet.
The building has been referred to by English Heritage as “brutalist” and “of little intrinsic value or significance, and which relates poorly both to the surrounding
historic buildings, and the townscape generally.”

Links

Interesting archaeological research carried out on the site grounds (2011)
http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk...918-1/dissemination/pdf/bristola1-93624_1.pdf

This Is Bristol (2010)
www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bid-turn-old-courts-student.../story.html

This Is Bristol (2012)
www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Eyesore-court-building-set.../story.html

Demolition planning application (2011)
www.bristol.gov.uk/committee/2011/wa/wa001/0727_9-3.pdf

DSC00018.jpg

Explore

I have been planning this one for a while now and its something I have been eyeing this one up since I moved to Bristol end of last year. Entry looked straight forward enough but it was still a bit tricky.
I was joined by my friend who seemed to take an interest into exploring but after getting so far and on the verge of entry he chickened out and did a runner! :crazy I wasn’t going to back out and im kinda glad I didn’t.

Once inside, I was a little disappointed to see the place was trashed and looked partied out. The court rooms were located central to the upper levels and there must have been 4 separate stair wells dotted all over the place. It was like a maze and I kept going round in circles! As it was still daylight outside I left the roof till last to avoid getting caught and worked my way right down to the basement where all the police cells were! The explore got a whole lot cooler from there and by the time I got back up to the roof it was night fall :eek::

On with the pictures!!

006.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

014.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

035.jpg

#11 - Enter the basement!
036.jpg

#12 - The safe room ;)
040.jpg

041.jpg

#14 - Flooded sub-basement
042.jpg

#15 - The cells
044.jpg

048.jpg

043.jpg

#18 - Is it that time already?!
050.jpg

#19 - Sorry for the lack of roof snaps btw. I was having a bit of a seagul issue.. :banghead
053.jpg

061.jpg

Full set in the bucket: http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i...Former Bristol Magistrates Court - July 2012/
Thanks for looking :)

END-PROC

Delta Infiltration
28DL Full Member

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details