real time web analytics
General - - Glow in the dark 28 D/L lenser cover | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Glow in the dark 28 D/L lenser cover

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Different colours would obviously be good for effects when light painting like having a lighting gel

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Could you make glow in dark rubber band that could go round main handle so not effecting lighting output ?

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
It'd be much easier to just use a rubber band... Super stretchy filaments arent relly a thing yet, the best you could do is probably ninjaflex filament.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
You can make anything with enough time and willpower, you can print elastic bands but I don't have any of that filament. I'm pretty sure you can buy glow in the dark rubber bands already.

The purpose of this exercise was to make the cover intentionally affecting the lightoutput, the glow in the dark was just the filament I happened to have in the printer. My purpose was to lower visable light and more importantly stop the light blindness you get with white light, I can shine this at my face in the pitch black and instantly carry on seeing in the dark when it's turned off. I can flash it and see inbetween flashes without waiting for my eyes to adjust.

I use this multiple times every single day, it's the most used thing I've ever printed, the glow in the dark is also perfect for finding the torch if you put it down.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Yes you could print an elastic band but it would be shit because super stretchy filaments dont exist yet. You'd basically end up with a very thin o ring.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Yer my rubber band comment was a bit dumb ......why make something that’s already out there :oops:
Interesting to know what’s achievable with 3D printing