real time web analytics
Report - - Haddon Tunnel, Derbs, Jun15 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Haddon Tunnel, Derbs, Jun15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
First visited a few years ago, but always wanted to return in the summer with the foliage in full bloom. The mists inside made this difficult to illuminate, so I have concentrated my report on the ambient lighting from the airshafts. This still remains one of my favourite tunnels, and a return visit did not disappoint.
Explored with KM Punk.

1058 yards long, it was built in 1862 so the Duke of Rutland wouldn’t have to see a train line run along his estate near Haddon Hall. Part of the Beeching report, it closed in 1968. There have been proposals to reopen the tunnel as a footpath, and more recently as an extension to the peak rail heritage line.

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8959.jpg

IMG_8969.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8980.jpg

wide angle shot showing both parts of the tunnel
IMG_8989.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

mists in the tunnel
IMG_9008.jpg

IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9024.jpg
IMG_9033.jpg

And finally
IMG_9043.jpg

thanks for looking

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ditto the above matey :thumb

Your pics have come out well, especially with that level of moisture in the interesting bit (typically) I did like this tunnel though i have to admit .

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
You got some good snaps
Good day out :thumb

cheers mate; good day out

Ditto the above matey :thumb

Your pics have come out well, especially with that level of moisture in the interesting bit (typically) I did like this tunnel though i have to admit .

Thanks mate :) Its a great tunnel to photograph
And great to meet up with you recently for an explore :) Shame I couldn't have stopped out longer

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details