real time web analytics
Report - - Heath Town Public Baths, Wolverhampton - November 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Heath Town Public Baths, Wolverhampton - November 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Heath Town public baths were designed by H. B. Robinson, Borough Surveyor and Engineer. They were opened on 16 December 1932, by Alderman F. A. Willcock, chair of Wolverhampton Borough Council's Parks and Baths Committee. The Main Swimming Bath was 75 feet long by 34 feet wide. The Children's Swimming Bath was 40 feet long by 25 feet wide-ranging from a depth from three feet to three feet three inches deep. The building also included Wolverhampton's first large public washhouse which housed four rotary washing machines, twenty one drying horses, three electrically operated hydro-extractors, fifteen washing stalls for hand washing, drying houses and irons. The building also housed Heath Town's public library. The baths eventually closed in 2002, and the library closed on 3 November 2006.
Heath Town Baths is a grade II listed building and has both architectural and social-historical importance locally and architectural significance nationally. Since 2006 it has since fallen into substantial disrepair.

Was recently in the area for the racing at nearby Hednesford and thought I’d pop in here for a look while out and about. Since its last appearance on the forum back in 2012 it’s turned into a mega derp, but was a decent wander nevertheless.

In the main entrance

A smaller training pool, shame about all the scaff around it

More changing rooms

Bit of the industrial side

And that was about it!

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thought I recognised your snap from here the other day! You've captured it well, still looks pretty nice.

Never had any success with this place despite trying it a few times back in 2011/12 when it was doing the rounds.

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
Omg i tried getting in there but it was to slippery and the window was quite sketchy it looks amazing inside

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thought I recognised your snap from here the other day! You've captured it well, still looks pretty nice.

Never had any success with this place despite trying it a few times back in 2011/12 when it was doing the rounds.

Thanks mate, yeah it'd been in the papers a few days prior so thought it'd be a good time to look

Omg i tried getting in there but it was to slippery and the window was quite sketchy it looks amazing inside

Worth another pop when it ain't so slippy for sure

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
Thanks mate, yeah it'd been in the papers a few days prior so thought it'd be a good time to look

Worth another pop when it ain't so slippy for sure
Yh ot ws raining and there ws this horrible black stuff on me dont think it was anti climb paint though so yh I'll have another crack at it for sure

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos! I've been trying this place on and off for years with no success. Last time I had a look was about 18 months ago, probably worth another look then!

Who has read this thread (Total: 502) View details