real time web analytics
Report - - Heath Town Public Baths, Wolverhampton - November 2020 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Heath Town Public Baths, Wolverhampton - November 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report, remember doing this years ago with Hiddenshadow and it was in mint condition.

Rgfx486

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm just here now and can't see any way of even getting onto the roof, anyone have any ideas?

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm just here now and can't see any way of even getting onto the roof, anyone have any ideas?

Was open a month back but wouldnt be surprised if uts been sealed, its very overlooked & as prev comment they got caught trying to gain access

LemonFactory

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fantastic post!

Any idea if there is plans for it? ie with the scaffolding around that training pool.

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I've seen the library
Fantastic post!

Any idea if there is plans for it? ie with the scaffolding around that training pool.

Not sure re plans, the scaff around the pool is probably to lessen the chances of some nosey trespasser slipping and falling in!

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here yesterday, how i didn't fall to my death i will never known.. climbing up the size of the building with a bit of rope was probably the most dangerous entry I've done lol

I didn't find the library either, really bugging me now, unless it was the absolutely trashed room next to the pump house?

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Library is at the front, its got a separate entrance door and isnt linked to the pool. You can see in off the roof tho iirc.

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Library is at the front, its got a separate entrance door and isnt linked to the pool. You can see in off the roof tho iirc.
there are 2 doors that say library? then there is the main entrance in the middle. im going to have to go back now arent i lol

Buxie

28DL Member
28DL Member

Was recently in the area for the racing at nearby Hednesford and thought I’d pop in here for a look while out and about. Since its last appearance on the forum back in 2012 it’s turned into a mega derp, but was a decent wander nevertheless.

In the main entrance

A smaller training pool, shame about all the scaff around it

More changing rooms

Bit of the industrial side

And that was about it!

I had a dream about this place last night which is how I stumbled upon these pictures, thanks for the good but sad pictures. I learnt to swim here when I was 7, I am now 31 so just a little time ago.
I can give some information on that “endemic leak”. There is very little information on it but as a naughty 7 year old I would explore this place and I remember exactly where that “leak” was. So if you go through and down to the right stairs just inside the right archway at the back of the pool, go to the very bottom and the basement corridor opens in front of you. To the right there was a rusty RSJ basically holding up the corner of the main pool. I will never forget getting to the bottom and being showered with explosive spraying water from the cracks in the ceiling, you could see from the shape it was clearly the corner of the pools tank, and I don’t mean a small trickle, it was dangerous, I remember seeing it like yesterday, it was bad.... The floor had a foot of water as far as I could see down the corridor and even as a kid, I know how dangerous that was. A few years ago I found an architect survey that stated the RSJ had been there since the early 90’s. I haven’t seen something quite that dangerous since to be honest! I wonder if the RSJ is still in place!

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had a dream about this place last night which is how I stumbled upon these pictures, thanks for the good but sad pictures. I learnt to swim here when I was 7, I am now 31 so just a little time ago.
I can give some information on that “endemic leak”. There is very little information on it but as a naughty 7 year old I would explore this place and I remember exactly where that “leak” was. So if you go through and down to the right stairs just inside the right archway at the back of the pool, go to the very bottom and the basement corridor opens in front of you. To the right there was a rusty RSJ basically holding up the corner of the main pool. I will never forget getting to the bottom and being showered with explosive spraying water from the cracks in the ceiling, you could see from the shape it was clearly the corner of the pools tank, and I don’t mean a small trickle, it was dangerous, I remember seeing it like yesterday, it was bad.... The floor had a foot of water as far as I could see down the corridor and even as a kid, I know how dangerous that was. A few years ago I found an architect survey that stated the RSJ had been there since the early 90’s. I haven’t seen something quite that dangerous since to be honest! I wonder if the RSJ is still in place!

There was no standing water down there when I went recently, was all dry so wasn't obvious to see a leaky area without the water coming out...
There were lots of pipes and bits down there and very dark

Who has read this thread (Total: 502) View details