real time web analytics
Report - - Hellingly Asylum sub buildings, August 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hellingly Asylum sub buildings, August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

M.L.F.1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Last summer a few of my friends asked if I wanted to check out this abandoned hospital in East Sussex. I said I was down and we got in the car without gear and went.

Upon arriving to the location, we couldn't see anything that looked like a massive hospital just chilling out there... after extensive research; we found out it was closed and new building were built in its place. Thinking we were going to give up and go home, we drove around and found some houses that were abandoned and a newly closed nursing home type or admin building. We managed to slip into those buildings, but due to the darkness only a few photos were taken.
Enjoy! :)

IMG_1738_zpstendvwjd.jpg

IMG_1739_zpsre2w0ans.jpg

IMG_1733_zpsmn79pdbg.jpg

unnamed_zpswbiqtown.jpg

IMG_1740_zps6gu7n9ze.jpg

IMG_1737_zpsc9kuvbad.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Mmmmmmm i was going to say the report needs some history adding, especially as you say "after extensive research" but 4 pics of rotten windows & 2 Blood tube pics don"t really constitute a report i"m sorry to say :confused:

Well done on getting out, but if you want us to "enjoy" then can i politely suggest that you either go back and produce something worth looking at or go somewhere more suited to your abilities ;)

Look at most of the reports on 28 for a good indication of what"s acceptable even at a novice level :thumb

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
it certainly doesn't take 'extensive research' to find that the site has been developed. You mean we googled the name and clicked through a few links. As said above, if nothing else you should now see the value in research before leaving to explore places. Good effort for getting out and having a go though. :thumb

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
it certainly doesn't take 'extensive research' to find that the site has been developed. You mean we googled the name and clicked through a few links. As said above, if nothing else you should now see the value in research before leaving to explore places. Good effort for getting out and having a go though. :thumb

It's not like there is even a list at the top of this forum detailing states of old asylums.

M.L.F.1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its great that some of you guys are so wrapped up in the fact, that for someone who went on a last minute explore who just wanted to get some rad photos and explore a beautiful place, that youre so dead set on getting photos worth looking at other than "rotting windows and blood tubes"

Maybe sometimes people arent massivly interested in the history, but just the beauty. Too bad this web site cant appreciate that, that instead there are such strict expectations on what a report should be.

blackpanther

28DL Member
28DL Member
I got into the the Admin building but nothing in there apart from a ladder .. the other building was being used to store asbestos and the windows had been blocked up..