real time web analytics
Report - - High Royds Hospital - April 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Royds Hospital - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

FatPanda

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice set mate ive got a reports worth of photos to pt up on thhis place ill get them up later today :) we were lucky and managed the clock tower

DubExplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice set mate ive got a reports worth of photos to pt up on thhis place ill get them up later today :) we were lucky and managed the clock tower
Cheers Panda, and congrats getting in to the clock tower look forward to seeing the report, we are hoping to go again at somepoint for a few retakes and to get up that clock tower.

FatPanda

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers Panda, and congrats getting in to the clock tower look forward to seeing the report, we are hoping to go again at somepoint for a few retakes and to get up that clock tower.
just put mine up mate not loads on there but a couple of in the tower its just awaiting moderator viewing it

Emspea

28DL Member
28DL Member
Evil bump.

Hey,

I've just been looking on google maps and this is south of menston but it appears to be a brand new housing estate now.
Whats with the new photos?

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
The main front building is still standing and is still abandoned, the rest of the site has been converted in to housing.

If you found your way on to the estate, you'd spot the front building almost immediately

DubExplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
a lot of the estate has been converted in to modern housing but the original central building is still under conversion, I couldn't tell you how far along the conversion is now though. Hope this helps

Emspea

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys thanks.

It's hard to find places in Leeds atm to explore.
Cookridge hospital seems like its still open for visitors...

If you guys have any good spots for me to visit as your knowledge is gonna be more than mine, shoot me off a PM?
brierfield mill might have been converted to houses/apartments now, thats on the leeds and liverpool canal i think.
And the Library on york road seems to be shut up pretty tight from what I can see, might be worth a poke though.

DrumDowg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Such a shame buildings with this level of craftsmanship are left to get into these sort of states.
Does anyone know what the interior looks like now?

Hopefully they haven't done what they seem to in Sheffield when ''renovating'' which is strip out every part of the interior and insert sqaure box rooms inside so all that's left is an exterior wall. Hopefully the new flats inside still have all the original features.

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Such a shame buildings with this level of craftsmanship are left to get into these sort of states.
Does anyone know what the interior looks like now?

Hopefully they haven't done what they seem to in Sheffield when ''renovating'' which is strip out every part of the interior and insert sqaure box rooms inside so all that's left is an exterior wall. Hopefully the new flats inside still have all the original features.

That's pretty much what they've done with the conversions of the nursing blocks into large maisonettes, they have very high ceilings but there's very little retained in the way of interior detail.

5424%20-%20Chevin_Park_WH_Brown_Window_Poster%20sm.jpg

DrumDowg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's pretty much what they've done with the conversions of the nursing blocks into large maisonettes, they have very high ceilings but there's very little retained in the way of interior detail.

Ah that's a shame! :/ i don't get why developers convert properties like this to look like a modern block of flats. The whole selling point of these buildings is the character surely! They deffinatly should be modernized and made to look luxury, but not at the expense of what made them special in the first place, which tends to be the interior detailing. Makes me annoyed! lost crafts which can never be replicated