real time web analytics
Report - - Ho2, Jersey War Tunnel - (27-12-06) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ho2, Jersey War Tunnel - (27-12-06)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

J

JerseySi

Hi guys..

First pic thread here from me, hopefully the first of many :D
Myself & BunkerMonkey (on here) decided to go for a little explore today - started in Ho2, being the easiest to access - I know it's already been posted on here, hey it's what kicked off the 16 page thread on Jersey's tunnels! But I also figure you can never have too many pictures, right?
First - a plan of Ho2, taken from the book "German Tunnels in the Channel Islands, by Michael Ginns".
I've added a couple of numbers to it - to co-incide with a couple of my pics, you'll see what I mean..

Plan of Ho2:
Ho2-map-numbers.jpg

We entered at the south entrance - no outside pic, but if you need one you probably shouldn't be in the tunnels!
Looking back from inside:
looking_back_out.jpg

Old weapon box? not far in at all, and there were many more further up:
weapon_box.jpg

Point 1 on the map - was this decayed barrel of what looked like that green Oasis stuff you arrange flowers in... I'm guessing it was more toxic than that though!
oasis.jpg

Some old electrical switchgear? left in the main (unlined) tunnel:
more_wiring.jpg

old_switchboard.jpg

wiring.jpg

Some random artefacts in the main tunnel - old chest handles, old tools, old railway truck remains etc...
old_handles.jpg

old_locker.jpg

old_railway_trucks.jpg

old_wheels.jpg

stuff.jpg

tool_remains.jpg

more_tools.jpg

This is point 2 on the map above - Ooooo how i'd love to dig through to the old guns & stuff! Oooo, how i'd die if i did though :(
this is how it's blocked:
end_of_b.jpg

The uprooted rails - near point A on the map, near to where you access the back section
uprooted_rails.jpg

At point 3 on the map, there's an odd low brick wall - only about waist height, and it doesn't block anything off as you can access from both sides... wonder why it's there?
odd_wall.jpg

Right near it - obviously someone didn't like their torch!
bad_torch.jpg

A view up the very back tunnel
back_tunnel2.jpg

The main chamber (and yes - a SearchBlaster is my next investment! that, and a better digicam!)
main_4.jpg

main_3.jpg

Point 4 on the map - it lies, there's no way out here!
not_a_way_out.jpg

This was our way out instead, the north entry..
way_out.jpg

way_out2.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics - I will be back there for more when I have more lighting power definately!
Not a bad way to spend a couple of spare hours though!