real time web analytics
Report - - Irwell Street Police Station, Bury, October 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Irwell Street Police Station, Bury, October 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
Gonna be putting my videos and reports in the same thing now because it is easier for me, and no one gets pranked if they wish to just see the video, or just see the pictures and history. Find the video at the bottom :)

The Day

Had lots of spots planned for Bury as it seemed there was more here than I imagined, and sadly this was the one spot that worked out.

History
I'm feeling that this was 1960s architecture so probably built then, although I don't know for sure. Anyway the building closed in June 2010 when the entire borough police force moved a couple hundred metres down the road to a new £16 million police station.

The Visit
There seemed to be some elderly that kept coming out of their houses and looking up at the building, so we expected there was people already in there making a lot of noise therefore we were quite iffy at the beginning however we decided to bun it and found very simple access, party because the site is half demolished and began heading through the destroyed carcass of a building it was.

Furthermore, we gained access to the roof in a risky fashion but it was worth it for the views and cinematics I got up there as you'll see in the video.

Overall, not the best explore I have ever done but I suspect it won't be there for much longer so I would go now just to knock it off your list if it's on. I'd love to go at night because it gives great views over the entire of Bury.

Pictures

My pictures turned out better than anticipated I think, as the windows are see through all the way round which I tried to show in them. I particularly like the contrasting glass on the inside with the outside, but that's just me! Please leave some feedback :)

37744258102_8fa8194c01_b.jpg

37066976954_6c6a9093d8_b.jpg

37066984954_e1b7fb024c_b.jpg

37517938860_e7c7f4eecf_b.jpg

37517940900_9cb5494d8e_b.jpg

37727597916_ccbcbacbd5_b.jpg

37744260872_784e7a4207_b.jpg

37106045233_f0b0674ed1_b.jpg

37106043563_28fc902d38_b.jpg

37744259542_2f47071686_b.jpg

37744258752_0695cd1c9d_b.jpg

37066978204_6c1fbd46f2_b.jpg

Video

Hope you enjoy! I cover the history of the building as well as the explore ina documentary style. Please leave me some feedback :)

Thanks for reading :)

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would be a bit wary of going too close to those RF masts, they look like they are for mobile/3g/4g comms. Was there any warning signs about RF or the name of a mobile co. about!?!?

Donny.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Any idea as to when they're actually knocking it down? Might give it a go next week as I'm in Bury for the football.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nah, what can happen because we went near them?

I think there are blokes on here who know more, but I have read about serious burns from getting too close to and touching the panels themselves, and feeling dizzy/sick from standing too close to them. Also think there is long term damage from repeated exposure. Was there a sign up anywhere?

Last edited:

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member

I think there are blokes on here who near more, but I have read about serious burns from getting too close to and touching the panels themselves, and feeling dizzy/sick from standing too close to them. Also think there is long term damage from repeated exposure. Was there a sign up anywhere?

Effects would depend on the power of the transmitter and the distance from the transmitter. You're unlikely to grow any third arms due to it being non-ionising radiation, but it worth being cautious because of burns. I am not sure on the likelihood of this, undoubtedly there's more qualified people on here.

TL:DR - Be cautious

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User

I think there are blokes on here who know more, but I have read about serious burns from getting too close to and touching the panels themselves, and feeling dizzy/sick from standing too close to them. Also think there is long term damage from repeated exposure. Was there a sign up anywhere?
Nah, not that I saw

Pope

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just driving past it today anyway, got two massive cranes clawing the old girl down, half of its already rubble so shes finally erased from the bury skyline .