real time web analytics
Report - - Irwell Street Police Station, Bury: THE RETURN - November 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Irwell Street Police Station, Bury: THE RETURN - November 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bury Police Station

207nw3p.jpg

This place has always bugged me. Ever since my first visit (http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/irwell-street-police-station-bury-february-2015.t94493) I had wanted to see the whole site, but due to PIRs and a lack of access, it didn't seem possible.

That was until I got a message from @scotty markfour directing me to some possible access...a few weeks later and there I was! Demolition has finally started on the building, and it's certainly obvious once you step inside...I seem to recall @Ojay referring to it as a 'stripped out mess'.

5ogu39.jpg

I started with the left-hand building, as I had covered the right-hand one in my previous report.

2ep1ny1.jpg

vov58m.jpg

2h5shw5.jpg

sz7gv5.jpg

29gludz.jpg

Finally, the basketball court!

2ro23o6.jpg

Evidence of recent demolition work...

21b98y0.jpg

I then moved back down towards the basement...

112ft6q.jpg

a1if0j.jpg

2r3ckgp.jpg

Up towards the cell block.

1269ulz.jpg

9ao6xl.jpg

aaf9qa.jpg

Main reception.

5ko7c1.jpg

15cm6ar.jpg

The 'live' bit, cameras still working in here...

1222f7t.jpg

f0dro2.jpg

And there's where the PIR from last time used to be! Good riddance.
Hope you enjoyed :thumb

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great to see your visit up @Bolts , your third from last pic should be compared to mine ! you can see how much damage has been done in the short interval between our visits !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great to see your visit up @Bolts , your third from last pic should be compared to mine ! you can see how much damage has been done in the short interval between our visits !
There was only about a week in it wasn't there?? The demo crews work quick
I heard music playing just near the basketball court too & what sounded like feet so I think they were still tearing it up whilst I was there :p

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was only about a week in it wasn't there?? The demo crews work quick
I heard music playing just near the basketball court too & what sounded like feet so I think they were still tearing it up whilst I was there :p
no fuckin way !!!!! ...lol . you should of turned it off for a laugh ....that helmet on the post was left by us ...lol

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
no ###### way !!!!! ...lol . you should of turned it off for a laugh ....that helmet on the post was left by us ...lol
It was one of the workers playing the music so I could hardly turn it off :p and the helmet added some element of photography to my otherwise terrible shots haha