real time web analytics
Report - - Kings' Scholars Pond Sewer (aka River Tyburn), London 2018 | UK Draining Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kings' Scholars Pond Sewer (aka River Tyburn), London 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
lol ok - i saw what was put, before it was removed as well and thought he meant.....well yer know what I thought.... NP pasty, maaan :D

Last edited:

Killa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome report with detailed supporting info:thumb:thumb
Very well covered and first class pics to boot.
Another book to consider is “The Lost Rivers of London” by Nicholas Barton (ISBN 0-948667-15-x) Historical Publications Ltd.
There’s a couple of pics of the 4 flap valves and the open section before the Tachbrook Estate was built, l will post these in due course.

Killa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some pages from the book “The Lost Rivers of London”, may be of use to this thread:

Old King Scholar’s Pond sewer outfall:

Possibly the point the RCP section starts?

F3F2198E-F93D-4453-BAAD-A53B65E32468.jpeg

Possibly under the Tachbrook Estate:

2451A685-BAB8-44D8-9901-00CEB76E896C.jpeg

Story time!

E248BC12-C71F-455F-A4E5-D4896F0CD46F.jpeg

7E1E4983-5641-4DFE-8D5A-DBF5F5E44A3B.jpeg

Hope this is of use:thumb

toby

Armchair warrior
28DL Full Member
Fuck me, that's an amazing report! and with fab pix. Really enjoyed that and your interesting commentary, so thanks a lot.

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
While we are below ground in these wonderful places in London it is still quite sobering to consider that we are sometimes literally only a few few feet away from an underground train! :D

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That is a brill pic @Killa , sadly the great unwashed masses staring into their smartphones on that train are completely unaware of the engineering above them:banghead:confused:

Who has read this thread (Total: 335) View details