real time web analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Kirroughtree Country House-Newtown stewart scotland | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Kirroughtree Country House-Newtown stewart scotland

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boots432

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was staying near by in a lodge, and after a walk I find this old hotel, seemingly abandoned. The hotel has been abandoned for a few years now due to the owner going bankrupt. After some wandering and trying doors and windows I gave up gaining access. Here are some pics

i seem like im the first to report on this canny proud
20221224_141748.jpg

20221224_141940.jpg

20221224_142003.jpg

20221224_140434.jpg

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
History at Kirroughtree House - Wikipedia - currently cited as a closed hotel. The company running the hotel was dissolved due to insolvency in 2019 but the building is still the postal address for the two former directors so they may still live on site or nearby, although their country of residence is listed as Australia

Boots432

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The story I've been told is as followed.
The hotels owne(Tennant). Operated the hotel as the land lord moved to Australia. The hotel operated like that for a couple years. Until the building started needing repair. As the landlord was believed to be responsible and the tenants refusing to fix the damamdge that they believed wasn't there responsibility. They went out of business
History at Kirroughtree House - Wikipedia - currently cited as a closed hotel. The company running the hotel was dissolved due to insolvency in 2019 but the building is still the postal address for the two former directors so they may still live on site or nearby, although their country of residence is listed as Australia

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
The story I've been told is as followed.
The hotels owner(Tennant). Operated the hotel as the land lord moved to Australia. The hotel operated like that for a couple years. Until the building started needing repair. As the landlord was believed to be responsible and the tenants refusing to fix the damage that they believed wasn't there responsibility. They went out of business
That's very likely as the biggest shareholder in the hotel was a trust company based in Perth, Australia, which is still active

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Moved to Leads and Rumours forum because a few external photos doesn't really constitute a report. Has potential though

Exodust

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was staying near by in a lodge, and after a walk I find this old hotel, seemingly abandoned. The hotel has been abandoned for a few years now due to the owner going bankrupt. After some wandering and trying doors and windows I gave up gaining access. Here are some pics

i seem like im the first to report on this canny proud
20221224_141748.jpg

20221224_141940.jpg

20221224_142003.jpg

20221224_140434.jpg
This place is not abandoned! This post is crap! It’s owned and looked after by an old woman! Place has been broke into many times! Obviously because of this post!