real time web analytics
Report - - Littlebrook D - Kent - May 2014 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Littlebrook D - Kent - May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

extreme_ironing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dropped by here a week ago with forum member The_Raw, staked the place out a fair while and entry was easy enough. Explored the interior for an hour or two, place was much noisier than I expected but didn't see a soul. Leaving was not so easy, as someone caught on eventually and we ended up hiding in a verrry small nook for 4/5 hours listening to them search for us, at one point an hour-in I stuck my head out to see someone right in front us! Figured we'd wait till dark but ended up getting bored and eventually and made a stealthy dash for the fence without issue.

Littlebrook D is one of four power stations located by the Dartford Crossing in Kent. A, B and C are decommissioned and D is in a mothballed state, the site is one of a number of stations throughout the UK with black-start capabilities, meaning that it is able to start generating without an external power supply - the station would be one of the first to start generating should the UK ever experience a partial or complete blackout. The Chimney is the 4th highest in the UK and I believe it was climbed by some environmental protestors once, but that might be another one nearby (there were many cams pointed up at the chimney though).

I'd read about a mock nuclear core for testing robots located here but if I'd read up a little more, would know that it is actually in B.. (I think!?) :banghead. That was what I was looking for, but D was certainly an experience! Understand it will be decommissioned itself in March 2015.

Viewed across a lake from a new housing estate.
CcLljKK.jpg

Exterior close up.
9g39Yrg.jpg

Boiler No.3.
FlVkQg4.jpg

Even though everything was still running, the top floor was covered in cobwebs and pigeon s@%t.
epFOJZF.jpg

Deaerating floor.
vgvo3bd.jpg

GByT6n4.jpg

vn6sEYK.jpg

One of the Switch rooms.
2a2fXpJ.jpg

On the roof. Didn't go too close to the edge due to it being broad daylight.
Xi5x4pH.jpg

Turbines.
1iauqyC.jpg

CeBy7up.jpg

QmE9chf.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good to see more people having a go, but not sure a daytime visit was a good idea :rolleyes:

This is one of the few that still has a high court injunction on it, and trespass is criminal, in case you missed the signs :p:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Living Dangerously :)

Liking these pics, very nice :thumb

Can"t beat big Industrial Machinery dealing with Radiation :eek:

Dungeness next then ? :)

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Very ballsy in the day chaps and a lucky escape ,pics are spot on! :thumb

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Fucking sick. Everyone I know (including myself) has been pretty prang about this one, and it looks like you're trip was pretty chilled. The photos are mint.

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Do you remember when that load of numpties from essex got busted in here? They were trying to do B but got 'lost' and ended up wandering into D. About 6 of them ended up with the full terrorist treatment.

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Do you remember when that load of numpties from essex got busted in here? They were trying to do B but got 'lost' and ended up wandering into D. About 6 of them ended up with the full terrorist treatment.

Ha! No. Who was that?

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
God knows. It was probably in 07/08 before most people would remember now. I think most stopped exploring afterwards. Didnt sound like a pleasant experience but i didnt have much sympathy as they had gone there literally clueless!