real time web analytics
Question - - Longmoor Flood Relief Tunnel (Bristol) | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Longmoor Flood Relief Tunnel (Bristol)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fxckexplore

We all love a good corridor shot!
28DL Full Member
Evening all!
It’s been a while since I last posted but recently stumbled upon an entrance to this flood tunnel I was wondering if any fellow drainers from Bristol or surrounding areas knew anything about it or how big it may be or what may be inside, I intend to visit tomorrow and venture inside. I’ve done dreadnaught and rednaught through bedminster and now I want to do this one was wondering if anyone knew anything at all about it or where I may find information on it as I can’t find anything online about it? I’ve attached a of what can be seen from the entrance incase that’s any help.

Thankyou in advance

9B8AE904-5CC4-4887-BE2C-7F2899F57E99.png

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Just picked up your message on the gram - I honestly don't know anything about this to be honest mate. @tumbles any idea?

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Looks like a culvert to me, they don't construct "flood relief tunnels" out of CMP ;)

Look forward to more pics all the same :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
yeah upstream, I can't see it being a full on storm drain though using that construction, like I say more a relief culvert, there are some here with same sign and they are 4ft some of them.. still, look forward to pics

Shocktictacs

Put it in me.
28DL Full Member
This is a culvert/relief called DIA. Infall has a screen etc to try and aid in less crap going from the brook into the Avon.

Its about 950m long, although the only really interesting feature iirc is the infall, a reasonably sized/interesting slide arrangement.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
This is a culvert/relief called DIA. Infall has a screen etc to try and aid in less crap going from the brook into the Avon.

Its about 950m long, although the only really interesting feature iirc is the infall, a reasonably sized/interesting slide arrangement.

I nearly tagged you but didn't think you ever went on here these days!

Who has read this thread (Total: 224) View details