real time web analytics
Report - - Lord Line Hull - August 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lord Line Hull - August 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I appreciate I'm a little late posting about the Lord Line Buildings in Hull but I'm catching up!

Sometimes in life you come across a location which you can't believe you never knew existed and scratch your head as to why you never photographed it. The Lord Line in Hull is one such place.

Being only a 60 mile drive away, we made our way over and parked up next to Mr. Chu's Chinese All You Can Eat Buffet Restaurant. The thinking was we wouldn't get a parking ticket but maybe get chased away by machete wielding triads!

The Lord Line buildings are arranged around an abandoned dock called St. Andrew's Dock. The dock is completely filled in with spoil and is overgrown. Water hasn't entered this dock in years by the looks of it.

A quick search on the interweb reveals that surprisingly, Lord Line was first established in 1949. (I would have expected this to be much earlier). The buildings were set up to accommodate Hull's fishing industry but eventually began to wind down in 1975 and completely closed in 1990.

A further research on the internet reveals that the buildings are revered in Hull by some and efforts to demolish the site have been met with resistance. I would expect that the area around the dock is prime real estate for very expensive apartments I will never be able to afford. Keeping the buildings doesn't seem like a realistic prospect to me.

This is set of our explore around the site not necessarily in chronological order:

Lord-Line-1.jpg

Lord-Line-2.jpg

Lord-Line-3.jpg

Lord-Line-4.jpg

Lord-Line-5.jpg

Lord-Line-6.jpg

Lord-Line-8.jpg

Lord-Line-9.jpg

Lord-Line-10.jpg

Lord-Line-11.jpg

Lord-Line-13.jpg

Lord-Line-14.jpg

Lord-Line-15.jpg

Lord-Line-16.jpg

Lord-Line-18.jpg

Lord-Line-19.jpg

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
If that was in London it'd have been concerted into eye-wateringly expensive "apartments" (just like "flats" but more expensive :rofl) back in the mid 90s, but in 'Ull probabkly not. Weird the exterior pics have a 50s maybe 60s feel but the interior shots are almost from 1930s

Nice pics! Especially that shot of the switch boxes

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pics! Especially that shot of the switch boxes
Thanks, I'm a lightpainting photographer normally and I can't help myself grabbing a shot with lights in it! I'm planning to return in the dark and place lights all over those stairs; not sure if an urbex website would appreciate it but I do like to light stuff up in the dark.....

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks, I'm a lightpainting photographer normally and I can't help myself grabbing a shot with lights in it! I'm planning to return in the dark and place lights all over those stairs; not sure if an urbex website would appreciate it but I do like to light stuff up in the dark.....
I'd be interested in seeing those RGB light cube shots if you go back. I found some of the ones you got at George Barnsley's really effective.

Nice shots here also, one I still haven't gotten around to doing.

Maxx

28DL Member
28DL Member
I appreciate I'm a little late posting about the Lord Line Buildings in Hull but I'm catching up!

Sometimes in life you come across a location which you can't believe you never knew existed and scratch your head as to why you never photographed it. The Lord Line in Hull is one such place.

Being only a 60 mile drive away, we made our way over and parked up next to Mr. Chu's Chinese All You Can Eat Buffet Restaurant. The thinking was we wouldn't get a parking ticket but maybe get chased away by machete wielding triads!

The Lord Line buildings are arranged around an abandoned dock called St. Andrew's Dock. The dock is completely filled in with spoil and is overgrown. Water hasn't entered this dock in years by the looks of it.

A quick search on the interweb reveals that surprisingly, Lord Line was first established in 1949. (I would have expected this to be much earlier). The buildings were set up to accommodate Hull's fishing industry but eventually began to wind down in 1975 and completely closed in 1990.

A further research on the internet reveals that the buildings are revered in Hull by some and efforts to demolish the site have been met with resistance. I would expect that the area around the dock is prime real estate for very expensive apartments I will never be able to afford. Keeping the buildings doesn't seem like a realistic prospect to me.

This is set of our explore around the site not necessarily in chronological order:

Lord-Line-1.jpg

Lord-Line-2.jpg

Lord-Line-3.jpg

Lord-Line-4.jpg

Lord-Line-5.jpg

Lord-Line-6.jpg

Lord-Line-8.jpg

Lord-Line-9.jpg

Lord-Line-10.jpg

Lord-Line-11.jpg

Lord-Line-13.jpg

Lord-Line-14.jpg

Lord-Line-15.jpg

Lord-Line-16.jpg

Lord-Line-18.jpg

Lord-Line-19.jpg
There is no 'prime real estate' in Hull and even if stretching the point there was, then this location most definitely isn't it! Not a criticism of a good report, but the property market in Hull is 100% out of cinque with anywhere else even 8 miles up the road in Beverley. The long term dereliction of this area is due to the landbanking owners and the failure of the City Council to effectively tackle them. NB Coming soon - closure of Listed Isis Oil Mill which will be a key site for urbex.

GemPR5

28DL Member
28DL Member
Iv been there in the dark and it was super foggy and wet, only had torch light but it looked spooky as hell, dripping water coming from all directions 😆 it was exciting 😁 must go back during the day 🙂

Who has read this thread (Total: 142) View details