real time web analytics
Report - - Lostock Power Station - Northwich, Cheshire - May 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lostock Power Station - Northwich, Cheshire - May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DuckMaster

28DL Member
28DL Member
History
Brief history: This used to be a oil, then coal, fired power station which would provide electricity to the neighbouring chemical works, now TATA Chemicals. It seems as though the current plans for the site are to build a waste purification plant that will burn pretreated waste and feed the energy back into the grid, set to be operational in 2023. Such a shame to see this historic treasure torn down, but I suppose these things never last!

The Visit
Me and a friend went to take a look around, though after seeing reports that they were set to demolish it at the end of last year, we weren't too hopeful. After driving past, we were greeted by a huge section torn out the middle of the building, and upon closer inspection demolition works had definitely begun. An entry could be possible, however I'm not sure how long this site has left.
I managed to snap a few shots from the outside which show the current state of the demolition, which seems to be well on its way.

Approaching from the canal, you can see the whole side wall of the building has been torn down.

A closer view, along with some demolition vehicles.

The other side of the building where you can see a sizable section has been removed.

If you were planning on visiting this site, I'd definitely recommend you go sooner rather than later!

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm amazed how long Brown & Mason are taking with this one, they've been chipping away at it for over two years! Guess it was crammed with asbestos, and the buildings condition wouldn't have made removal easy.

Who has read this thread (Total: 241) View details