real time web analytics
Report - - Maltby Academy - Yorkshire - April 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maltby Academy - Yorkshire - April 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Maltby Grammar School is a stone built former secondary school which dates back to the 1930s. Known for its impressive clock tower, the school had a reputation for authoritarian discipline and conduct among its faculty.
After years of unsatisfactory and inadequate Ofsted reviews, the school transitioned to a sponsored academy, becoming known as Maltby Academy.
After a £10.9 Million investment from the 'Building Schools for the Future' programme, new education facilities were built nearby, and the Old Grammar School building fell out of use, closing in 2012. Maltby Academy board directors looked to demolish the old building, including the clock tower, to make way for more newbuilds, however this was immediately opposed by locals, and those plans were refused. The academy has now simply left the old school building sealed up, allowing it to fall into a state of disrepair.

The Explore

So i cant believe Ive had this place pined since the beginning of last year but only just gotten around to seeing it!.
Probably mostly because like most good places its at the other end of the country, and with all the lockdowns it was going to be a while before i headed up north.
At the time this place was relatively unknown but of course like all good places it doesn't stay that way.
With It creeping up on facebook more and more, i needed to see it asap!

Anyway for me derelict schools are top of my list and this place definitely didn't disappoint.
Once inside we were greeted by a maze of dark decaying corridors and empty abandoned classrooms, with the hard work and creativity of its former pupils still on the walls.
And of course to top it all off, the huge clock tower still sat there in all its glory, such a magnificent sight it would be criminal to demolish this building.
I think we pretty much covered it all but for the life of me just could not find the six form area.
Despite that it was a bloody good explore!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Least u got out a bit last year then. Its been hard with all these lockdowns. Hopefully u will get a few Road trips in this summer!
Been hoping for 2 yrs now, done a few small trips, no where special. Not bothered with the reports as they weren't report worthy. But heres hoping

Who has read this thread (Total: 197) View details