real time web analytics
Question - - Maplins Telescopic ladders | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Maplins Telescopic ladders

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
we just drop are are tool if we caught well hide them and go back for them

Well, bit difficult to work out what you mean - as that doesn't make sense - but I think you are talking about taking tools with you?

Carrying tools will turn your non-illegal explore into the criminal offence of 'going equipped' - using the tools would turn your explore into breaking and entering :banghead:

That stuff is not welcome here.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I think it was OT who described the moment he slipped and the only thing that saved him was his leg trapped between the rungs.

Yep that was me. It was a fibrelight ladder, and actually it's still damaged from that incident and should be repaired. Anything less would have broken, I'm glad I made the investment.

They have their uses although i find them to be quite a hefty investment for the amount of use you will probably actually get out of one.

Alot of the time something can be found close by to substitute for a 3 meter ladder and its alot less dodgey using something you have found on site already. Their main limitation is the view the law would take on you bringing a ladder along to get in somewhere really, morally ok maybe but the law doesnt always follow common sense. Otherwise they are slow to erect and fold away, especially after they get full of grit!

Id say only buy one if you know of somewhere it would do a specific job. Maybe split the cost with a group of your mates and share the use of it. Thats what we do although in maybe 5 years of having it its been used like 3 times and one of them was for the decorating! :D

Id like to just confirm what Speed says here. They're perfect if you plan in advance and know if and how they will be used... like here where my collapsible ladder is strapped to my folding ladder...

DSC_2306.jpg

In the real world though, I can't see plod would be impressed if he saw you using one of these. 'Going equipped' springs to mind.

swampfire

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
FYI . I have these ladders and also sell them ..they have come in handy more times than not and work well !