real time web analytics
Report - - Mesnes air raid shelter - Wigan - March 2015 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mesnes air raid shelter - Wigan - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is that a Shite filled underground location ? :)

But if people think they"re doing nothing wrong, they"re not gonna change what they produce, & post, which should really be deleted (or used to be ) then they get pissed off and leave, rather than adhere to the FAQ"s on posting and/or members being honest about the quality of pictures posted in reports, which i think is the main issue regarding this. If nobody tells you your pics are crap you don"t change what your doing.
Which applies to loads ATM, new members & older ones.

Once the FAQ"s are sorted out, can you add a "Confirm you have read this" tick box lol

And i very rarely shoot past F6.7 in complete darkness, on a F2.8 lens.....personal preferences but same basics ;)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Yeah that"s what it says on my Tokina 11-16mm F2.8. F3.5. F4. F4.5, F5.6 then F6.7 weird i know, both A77"s are the same. then F8, F9.5 etc

Maybe it"s a Sony thing? gives enough DOF for me especially as the Lenser H14r2 has a overheat cut out timer on the 850L switch and any smaller Ap" means doing a few cycles

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
I appreciate all your replies I really do. And I do deffo struggle in dark. But I'm no photographer and only just getting used to it. Also some pics are different cam. Has for cam I've only ever used my z2 lol. I know it's one of the better cams on phone. But still just a phone. Pics 2,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,16,17 there of my phone for certain. Anyhow if anyone wants to pm me with decent cams lens etc I will definitely consider buying one. But for a phone it's done me ok. Lol

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Also I've been looking at guides on net etc. And ojay if there any shops etc or places in Manchester like you say that can give me a quick basics guide I would definitely appreciate it very much. All this f 6.7 and exposure stuff messes with my head lmao. I have absolutely no idea what it means that's me being honest. I only take pics for posting here it's the explore I do it for lol. But I do deffo like looking back at my pics. So I may get another cam. But I heard z2 in manual can take some awesome shots but no idea how to get it going. I've practiced a bit. But will get better thx all

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Get this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...0.Xnikon+d40.TRS0&_nkw=nikon+d40&_sacat=31388

or this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...Xcanon+350d.TRS0&_nkw=canon+350d&_sacat=31388

and this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cameras-Photography-/625/i.html?_nkw=tripod

then learn this:

That'll get you a beginners set up and a bit of knowledge, the rest you learn by getting out there and taking loads of photos.

Well done for getting in and sharing anyway mate. :) At the end of the day It's all about exploring and having fun, getting great photos isn't the be all and end all, but photography is great to learn, a lot of fun and helps a lot when doing reports and documenting sites. Look forward to the results!

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
I am very thankful of all help etc and cams are not has expensive has I thought so I'm definitely keeping an open mind and the video is damn cool. See this is why I subscribed to site for this invaluable information and the bloody hard work everyone chucks in. I thank you all. I do like to make an impression and try to impress people all the time lol that's just me and I do love learning and seeing new stuff etc and photography is a nice new skill for me to take on board. Once again thx all.

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
15 quid on a basic tripod and and your pictures would be massively improved.

In the dark, your camera will struggle without a focus point, this can be easily acheived by using a torch in 'spot mode' to pick out the furthest point of interest and focussing your camera on that, then once the shutter go's off, waggle the torch around in 'flood or wide' mode and try to highlight the remainder of the room/drain until the shutter clicks again and the photo is taken. This should work even on a basic point and shoot.

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I went looking for this a month or 2 back and got distracted by the mill/college near by instead. It looks like a nice little shelter tbh.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Cheers stopford m8ty. And thx all bigian keep trying and sure you be okay. It's fairly straightforward

pete37038

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys, enjoyed reading your post,I live in Wigan and I've wanted to visit this site for a while but I don't have the info on access places etc although I have a very good idea how where it is, how about I do you a swap, I'm really into photography, have 2 spare tripods and I'll help you with the shots for simply taking me with you... I understand shooting in low light so I could help you out a lot.

here's my photosites- https://www.flickr.com/photos/pete37038/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/79241254@N05/ - Bit of Urbex on this one..

Drop me a line.
Cheers
Pete