real time web analytics
Report - - Minnowburn House, Belfast Northern Ireland - March 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Minnowburn House, Belfast Northern Ireland - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NornIronbai

28DL Member
28DL Member
Whilst on a reccy driving around the greater Belfast area I stumbled across this old HSC Child and Family centre. A lot of googling brought 1 result. a CAMHS report with one mention of Minnowburn House in regards to its replacement building in 2011, so that's when I assume it was shut. After grabbing my urbex friend we decided to take a peek, lo and Behold it was a simple entry, but quite nearby some residential areas, hence no decent External photos.

As a child and Family centre, this place used to treat and accommodate children and young teens with mental health issues, including Easting disorders, drug addictions and mental and neurological disorders. including bedrooms with electronic alarms on the doors.
most of the insides have been gutted out and left to the homeless and bored teens to do with what they will with it.
apologies for the terribad photo quality
DSC_0203.JPG
DSC_0205.JPG
DSC_0154.JPG
DSC_0155.JPG
DSC_0158.JPG
DSC_0159.JPG
DSC_0160.JPG
DSC_0163.JPG
DSC_0165.JPG
DSC_0169.JPG
DSC_0170.JPG
DSC_0171.JPG
DSC_0172.JPG
DSC_0173.JPG
DSC_0174.JPG
DSC_0175.JPG
DSC_0178.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG
DSC_0180.JPG
DSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0184.JPG
DSC_0185.JPG
DSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0190.JPG
DSC_0191.JPG
DSC_0192.JPG
DSC_0194.JPG
DSC_0196.JPG
DSC_0197.JPG

View attachment 797589

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
All credit to getting out there but to be honest with you, too many pics - don't think this place merits 30 shots. Loose the similar ones, the blurred ones and the ones at angles. Less is more...

MERKFLAMES

28DL Member
28DL Member
Few questions and my own experience with this.

Firstly I remember this from around June-August 2016, I live nearby and I used to do walks around the area, I remember one day I was curious and peaked my head in at the entrance, saw that welcome sign in your photo, weirdly enough, later that day a builder boarding up the part I had looked at.

I also remember around a year later, someone had undone some of the boards which gave a means of entrance, the back door and the garden side bit, I remember seeing a ground of kids walk in and explore, they spotted me and asked if I’d snitch, to which I said I wouldn’t.

Only a 3 questions, when will you be back in twee, will you bring the floppy disk when you do, and have you tried going into the other building beside it (think it’s staff housing or some shit).

Overall, always been curious as to what is in here, thanks for posting.

Kylej136

28DL Member
28DL Member
I think I know this place, by any chance was this one of the buildings that states it is full of asbestos?

Who has read this thread (Total: 288) View details