real time web analytics
Report - - Odessa Catacombs, Ukraine - April 2014 | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Odessa Catacombs, Ukraine - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Fantastic to see some good photos of this, top stuff.

Looks like drawing pictures of horses and people in mines is a global tradition!

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
awesome shots, awesome place, awesome write up.

I wasn't there. Fuck. :D

So fucking jealous.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
well received this, the place looks vast!

Some good old honest pics right there that have just lured a fair few in a different direction for sure :thumb

Limerick_Student

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers again for all the comments! I had shared these photos with a few friends and other explorers and there wasn't that much interest so it's a nice surprise.

The horse drawings are there as they used to cart the stone out of the mines along with the oxen. You can still see the grooves the harnesses have worn into the corners of some of the tunnels. In one of the deeper sections of the catacombs we also came across some of the underground chambers used as stables. The only way you could tell what they were was from the dark brown soil in these chambers that could only be created by years and years of horse shite!

If anyone is ever in Kiev, Odessa is only an overnight train away so it's pretty accessible. I'd definitely recommend a trip there anyway, apart from the catacombs there's also shit loads of other stuff to see in Ukraine, it's a serious spot!