real time web analytics
Report - - Odessa Catacombs, Ukraine - August 2015 | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Odessa Catacombs, Ukraine - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Resurrecting this thread as I have just shown the images to a Ukrainian friend of mine and he translated the graffiti for me. He was well excited with what he saw, saying it's a remarkable historical record. He particularly picked up on this photo which he thinks could be marking a hiding spot...

52_zpsqwi1oqcl.jpg

Anyways apparently it's an image of Mishka Yaponchik (1891-1919) who was a significant gangster in Odessa at the turn of the 20th century and whose gang was responsible for much organised crime and murders in the city, including a chief of police. During the Russian Revolution his gang almost took control of the city and they raided the jail freeing many detainees. Later he headed a military unit for the Soviets, ambushed and killed in 1919

Jim Sullivan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fascinating place! I've always wanted to explore ancient catacombs, especially the ones in Cappadocia. Getting lost down there sounds absolutely horrifying. I don't even want to imagine what it must be like to be lost for days, slowly dying. Finding a body would be pretty awful too.