real time web analytics
Report - - Odessa Catacombs, Ukraine - April 2014 | European and International Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Odessa Catacombs, Ukraine - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Great write up and pics! I've often wondered about visiting here, it looks vast and really interesting.

Thanks for posting it up. :-)

Limerick_Student

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks again for the comments. Vast is probably the best word that comes to mind for this place alright :)

weezdeez said:
Awesome report - thanks for taking the time to write everything up!

Cheers, I wrote up an account of it right after the trip when it was fresh in the mind though so luckily I didn't have to recall everything that happened over 6 months ago from scratch. It was absolutely all over the place and way too drawn out though so I'm glad I put a bit of effort in and rewrote a good chunk of it and cleaned it all up a bit. It definitely needed the extra bit of effort!

Limerick_Student

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oxygen Thief said:
If you've got any more pictures, feel free to post them all up, hundreds of them.

Ha, cheers, I wish I had more usable ones to post up! That's pretty much all of the photos I got that aren't out of focus, taken using flash or close to duplicates of what's already there unfortunately. I was using an old 400D which was really struggling to focus in the dark so I was lucky to get away with the photos I did.

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Utterly amazing place mate and some great pics to boot.
BTW, when the story is that interesting too many words are still not enough. The write-up was at least as interesting as the pics.

I gather they are not currently shooting at each other in this this part of the Ukraine?

Oh and for more pics this is the site of Eugene, the guy who did the report on UER: http://lostworld-od.ucoz.ua/ Mostly in Russian but parts of the FAQ are in English.

Last edited:

Limerick_Student

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers trailboss. Nope, luckily it's all pretty safe in Odessa. The fighting is mostly isolated to the Luhansk and Donetsk regions in the east of the country. However there are protests held by both the pro Russian and pro Ukrainian sides every evening in the city and there are sometimes clashes between the two groups but it all seems to have calmed down a bit lately. Egor invited me along to one of the pro Ukrainian protests when I was over there which was pretty interesting to see.