real time web analytics
Report - - One Angel court, Bank, London - January 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - One Angel court, Bank, London - January 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Intro

Haven't posted much recently and I can't sleep so here you go. Very chilled, was so relaxing up top. Many thanks to Gabe, Monkey and whoever else has climbed it, thanks for giving me something to look and telling me what it is! Spotted this from a certain other roof and it's supposed to be the tenth tallest construction site in London. Enjoy!

History

One Angel court was a 97m tall office block supplying London with vast office space and an ugly view from anything nearby. It was big, boring and brown.

16260937289_75e1f70583_b.jpg

Then this happened: http://www.planning.cityoflondon.gov...0/00889/FULMAJ

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TIAA-CREF announced it has obtained planning consent to proceed with the redevelopment of One Angel Court in London, an office tower built in the 1970s. Centrally located between the Bank of England and several new office towers, the redeveloped One Angel Court will contribute to the revitalization of the Bank Conservation area.

“We believe in adopting best practices in respect to sustainability. We have incorporated significant sustainability goals into this project, reflecting our desire to decrease our environmental footprint, help lower occupational energy costs and add value for clients.â€￾

“This is a significant achievement resulting from two years of work in consultation with the City of London that will bring much needed additional Grade A office space in a revitalised work environment featuring increased retail, restaurant and public space,â€￾ said Anthony J. Butler, Director, Real Estate Investment Management, TIAA-CREF Asset Management UK Limited1. “We believe in adopting best practices in respect to sustainability. We have incorporated significant sustainability goals into this project, reflecting our desire to decrease our environmental footprint, help lower occupational energy costs and add value for clients.â€￾

The net lettable floor area will increase by more than 50 percent from approximately 18,500 square meters (200,000 square feet) to 28,000 square meters (300,000 square feet). The buildings will also include significantly improved public space for retail shops and restaurants and roof terraces for tenants. The redeveloped tower will meet anticipated 2013 energy standards resulting in improved energy efficiency and significant energy savings over the current usage. Redevelopment is scheduled to begin in 2013 and is expected to be completed in 2016.

The building, designed by Fletcher Priest Architects, will include reconfiguring, extending and re-cladding the existing tower, which will feature distinctive fritted glazing as part of the solar protection allowing uninterrupted views across London. The large and efficient floor plates within the podium office space will also benefit from substantial windows which will have adjustable louvers to provide a sun shield and to reflect light deep into office space to reduce electric lighting requirements.

The new building will target the BREEAM “Excellentâ€￾ rating which sets the standard for best practice in sustainable building design, construction and operation and is similar to LEED certification in the United States. Mr. Butler added, “Despite the increase in area, the building is expected to use only a fraction of the existing energy consumption.â€￾

And soon it'll look like this:

15827119763_d11211d838_b.jpg
[/url]

Which looks quite nice, to give you an idea of how bland it was, all that remains of it now is the core, and to be honest the core mid way through demolition/redevelopment looks nicer than it did before contractors moved in.

Here's the official website: http://www.oneangelcourtoffices.co.uk/

My visit

It was something like 2AM and I'd missed my train home, probably on purpose, and had a few things I wanted out of London. This being one of them after seeing it stick out like a sore thumb from the other side of the City. After dodging the drunk locals I wiggled my way in and up I went. Standing at something along the lines of 300ft the core just seems to be one big shard of concrete. The crane next door did tempt me and I know Monkey's shots from the jib were pretty sweet but I am very lazy, so I left it.
Then whilst I was sitting on the thing up top I received a Text from Felix saying he was at the bottom, a lot quicker than I expected so it was a quick run down and out, grab Felix and climb it again. Soon after we got down and found something else to climb.

Enjoy the pics. :thumb

Pictures

A dodgy external from far away

15751507614_b0b507b7be_b.jpg

The city

16408772622_5e2049ab6d_b.jpg

Some Heron

16383716996_992d9f9d7a_b.jpg

Looking down

16222285570_d11b23fa34_b.jpg

Shard

16407927311_6277eed1ee_b.jpg

This is one of my most favorite pics, as far s photos go it's rubbish, but I love it

16223456699_d09b9f9ae3_b.jpg

The softest and most HISO as you can get

16383694916_45d958060d_b.jpg

Empty

15789632853_2f98bda491_b.jpg

Leadenhall, Gherkin, 42 and Heron

16408726992_9198860a07_z.jpg
16222208820_c9ba910694_z.jpg

Pinnacle, wish they'd hurry up and build it, I wanna climb it...

15789603833_7e4a6303a7_b.jpg

Grass on the roof

16409649635_7641630fdc_b.jpg

Cheers. :thumb

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Nice one mate! It's a shame they've taken the stairs down from the top of the core, although lucky I guess that the open side faces the cluster and not Islington or something shit. Definitely one to watch for the summer :thumb

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one mate! It's a shame they've taken the stairs down from the top of the core, although lucky I guess that the open side faces the cluster and not Islington or something shit. Definitely one to watch for the summer :thumb

Yeah definitely, the core does keep the wind out though. :D
Cheers man :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details