real time web analytics
Report - - Overflow Abandoned Tunnel, May 2020 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Overflow Abandoned Tunnel, May 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cnhughes0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yesterday’s explore and one of the coolest ones to date, the overflow tunnel for the waterworks near the Brecon Mountain Railway.

Due to not knowing what the tunnel is actually called and countless hours of researching tunnels and history of welsh tunnels on google, there is not much history behind this place and not much is said about it - the only thing I know for certain is that the tunnel was used as an overflow for the local waterworks. Not many people around the area know where this is, so it’s a perfect first explore for people who may be a bit nervous about bumping into other people or getting into any sort of trouble. Very exciting walk nevertheless! Took around an hour to walk from start to finish, crab walking the majority of the way to dodge deep holes of water and openings in the flooring - but that’s what we enjoy the most, right? Made it even better that the water at the end of the tunnel was as beautiful and as picturesque as it was!!

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Might wanna include the location of the tunnel in the title of the report for clarity :)

Good work though :thumb

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
You will love mines if you thought that was cool , nice photos though ! Looks more safe than a new build I think !

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Just reminds me of @Nickindroy F**K video lol, not exactly crawling but that was a toil!... We did crawl in tin Brook as well, I'm sure Nick or PP with have pics or video of that as well. got soaked haha
Yeah, I've got a pic of your bonce as you come from under that low arch in TB, maybe Nick took it.

Think I'll put that on the list to revisit when things are a little calmer.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Why isn’t it a good idea if it’s a 5 minute walk from my house? You’re allowed to travel 5 miles. I doubt being underground is the best or safest idea whether we’re in lockdown or not lol

You're allowed to travel anywhere you like in England. Even though a culvert is underground its about as safe as its gonna get. Mines will still be there in a few months time.

cnhughes0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You're allowed to travel anywhere you like in England. Even though a culvert is underground its about as safe as its gonna get. Mines will still be there in a few months time.
That’s exactly my point. This is a 5 minute walk from my house and the tunnel lasts no longer than 20 minutes if you walk straight through - I don’t really see the issue but hey ho, haha.

cnhughes0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I second that nothing wrong atall with it Quite enjoyed seing it to be honest nice work
If I was travelling out of area to visit places I could understand the frustration but with this being so close to my house I really don’t see the problem. Especially when you’re just starting out, it’s exciting to get out and do some exploring isn’t it! Thank you :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 300) View details