real time web analytics
Report - - Owls nest Woods Bunker - Kent - September 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Owls nest Woods Bunker - Kent - September 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LSUrbex Exploration

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History

Researching the house and bunker etc i came across some articles.
The house was applied to become a care home to house 76 residents but was rejected. At the time council planners rejected the application on the grounds that it was an `inappropriate development within the metropolitan green belt.` Villagers were concerned about the damage caused by the development. Planning officers rejected the applications saying "The harm to the landscape and character of the area, by virtue of the scale of the development, amount, layout and site coverage would not be outweighed by the identified benefits of the scheme" Now more than twelve months on the developers have submitted a revised planning application with a number of `significant changes’.

Mark Wood, who lived there for 32 years, said: “I helped my father build the so called bunker. He was slightly eccentric and was always doing so called projects.

“The bunker was built in the 1980s out of two 20ft shipping containers and the roof was made of old Tyler concrete gutters. The so called control room was a printing plate with all the light switches cut into it. Sadly it is not circa second world war.”

The Explore

Hearing about the ‘Bunker and Swimming Pool’ very often I decided to google and do some research to try find the location myself.
Driving nearly two hours, we parked in the hospital opposite the bunker itself and made our way up through the long shrubbery and into the woods, getting lost for a good 10mins we finally found the fence I had been told about, climbing over we made our way into the site, taking pictures of the cars in the garages and onto the bunker was the exciting part.
Climbing down and inside it didn’t look very exciting but deeper we went and I was amazed at what was left behind, old tv’s, signal boxes, paperwork, beds, sleeping bags, food and drinks, even aftershave! The amount of work that must have taken place is amazing, being my first Bunker explore, I loved it. Now out of the Bunker and to the Swimming pool, there’s only one reason explorers go to the swimming pool and that would be the Amazing Artwork by ‘Voyder’ a recognised artist globally.
Unfortunately seeing pictures and hearing the bad news of the graffiti being covered, I can only imagine this is because of vandals and people braking into the main house that happens to be alarmed! We made our way out and our two hour long journey home awaited us!

C3AF8CAB-05E5-488E-8682-BA0FCCC37EDC.jpeg

0031BD4A-6EC2-4009-8490-4674768B25C6.jpeg

EEAA5837-D101-49D7-8EA0-47B149A9C2F2.jpeg

743C9BD7-73CE-43D8-838B-191DF3A1C6A5.jpeg

96F9C0C3-E06F-4217-BD9A-08C975C2D04C.jpeg

4E3C5798-494B-40E0-AA22-6FA8970DA2A6.jpeg

69D144E9-2D7C-4E4B-98E5-39A658C0172E.jpeg

77B0C254-2ECF-4C58-B510-FE37BE438D2E.jpeg

9AF0B0D2-6E16-4812-B900-A7D48239BF97.jpeg

D565666E-D44B-4661-A740-CE6041BBF4B7.jpeg

D465F416-A57A-4632-BEC8-D44126AC2F9A.jpeg

E403E218-7368-491F-B0E2-84CE5A23FA80.jpeg

F8FEAF72-DC3C-4BE9-BDAE-39C725CA3099.jpeg

7F6435B2-0133-42FD-B430-BAAB7B75F854.jpeg

B364627D-02F6-4D9B-B597-16BACC49848E.jpeg

7FE51409-93E5-4484-8E96-6725DC8CD1E3.jpeg

CD606065-D8D5-45D6-A5A5-3880A7B6DA8C.jpeg

C29ED302-9936-402E-BAFF-9B8BAA694432.jpeg

289823C0-28BF-4EF2-BE2E-1C756FB65D14.jpeg

3119F485-BD47-4C5B-8D30-6C67C5CE3BE2.jpeg

2A992266-7F25-4B41-956D-3225603F33D8.jpeg

7BFFA927-EB83-44B7-81BD-D8ED296DE86C.jpeg

9A24487C-E964-4FE9-81F4-BC404F57CB8E.jpeg

5A161DDC-AB82-424A-B9DA-5F60DB45D2F3.jpeg

F2B64F90-C31C-4AFB-8D9F-B4B9949967CB.jpeg

DA48B84C-5E7D-4DB0-9735-32C6ACB517FD.jpeg

D248E042-2DAE-4F77-BB4A-A685CBCD47C6.jpeg

C6671C15-DDDB-4D9A-97CA-8C5625E73705.jpeg

9356D7D7-658C-4173-B4F8-1F388FFBE193.jpeg

08A797C3-876F-44FA-980A-7D6DCB6C19C2.jpeg

Owlsnest Owner

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All
I am the owner of Owlsnest Wood. There seems to a great interest in my old family home. Sadly my mum past away this year and her wish was that the property would become a care home for the elderly and those suffering with dementia . I think she would be horrified to know that there are people out there who would knowingly break down fences and break into in part of our family home which we have lived in since 1963. Just think it through guys would you like this done to your family home.
We will now be patrolling the property day and night with the full support of the Police. The Police have now marked Owlsnest as a Watch Area.
On Monday 2nd November I caught a man and a woman on the property. I do not think they will be returning in the near future after being stopped by a Police pursuit car on the A21. All their details were taken and will be held on file for any future action.
It is a shame that it has come to this and you are all waisting Police time and intimidating us by your actions. Whether you are explorers or not it is illegal to enter private property. You have been warned.
It is sad that Voyder's painting had to be blacked out, it was beautiful and he should be proud of his work. But the Police asked us to remove it before somebody got hurt falling in the pool.
Please stay away now, you have enough pictures.
If you have any sensible questions I am more than happy to respond.:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_4377.jpeg
    IMG_4377.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4378.jpeg
    IMG_4378.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 101

mockney reject

Staff member
Hi All
I am the owner of Owlsnest Wood. There seems to a great interest in my old family home. Sadly my mum past away this year and her wish was that the property would become a care home for the elderly and those suffering with dementia . I think she would be horrified to know that there are people out there who would knowingly break down fences and break into in part of our family home which we have lived in since 1963. Just think it through guys would you like this done to your family home.
We will now be patrolling the property day and night with the full support of the Police. The Police have now marked Owlsnest as a Watch Area.
On Monday 2nd November I caught a man and a woman on the property. I do not think they will be returning in the near future after being stopped by a Police pursuit car on the A21. All their details were taken and will be held on file for any future action.
It is a shame that it has come to this and you are all waisting Police time and intimidating us by your actions. Whether you are explorers or not it is illegal to enter private property. You have been warned.
It is sad that Voyder's painting had to be blacked out, it was beautiful and he should be proud of his work. But the Police asked us to remove it before somebody got hurt falling in the pool.

Hi

Would you be able to englighten us all with the history behind the bunker please?

The reasons behind building it and any photos of it being built would be great.

It pretty awesome :)

Thanks in advance

Owlsnest Owner

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank
Hi

Would you be able to englighten us all with the history behind the bunker please?

Thanks in advance
Hi

Thanks in advance
Guys thank you for your response. I will wait for a few days of potential questions and then respond with some background.
As you can see when you visited, it is a little different than your normal family home. There have been 12 break ins to the house, smashing windows and each time setting the alarm off. All your faces have been captured on HD cctv. The images have been matched with those held at DVLA from your driving licenses, I did not know they could do that but they can.
So if you get a knock at the door one day you will know why. Please pass the word on to stay away as we would not want an accident to happen!

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Hi

Thanks in advance
Hi All

I was someone who respectfully visited the bunker back in may , left it as found and kept it as quiet as i could within reason, i have 1 question, i read online on a website metnioning the books david wrote and his theories, and on this very brief piece of information it was said that the bunker was the focus on a documentary or atleast a news report of some sort? does the original footage still exist, i for one would be very interested in watching this and i found the parts of one of the books i read by david fascinating

Last edited:

GR33NUrbeX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank

Guys thank you for your response. I will wait for a few days of potential questions and then respond with some background.
As you can see when you visited, it is a little different than your normal family home. There have been 12 break ins to the house, smashing windows and each time setting the alarm off. All your faces have been captured on HD cctv. The images have been matched with those held at DVLA from your driving licenses, I did not know they could do that but they can.
So if you get a knock at the door one day you will know why. Please pass the word on to stay away as we would not want an accident to happen!
were the mass books in the containers anything to do with your family if so who and whats the background infomation

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
were the mass books in the containers anything to do with your family if so who and whats the background infomation
google will tell you that, the books were from the man who owned the house, google the book titles and the author. or to be honest i found out everything i needed to know from the information online

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
Hi All
Im sorry for your loss and i highly respect what you said best wishes for you

Who has read this thread (Total: 487) View details