real time web analytics
Report - - Penkhull Education Centre, Stoke-on-Trent - Feb 18 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Penkhull Education Centre, Stoke-on-Trent - Feb 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
I've never seen anything from this place but it has stood here for a while it seemed. Although it didn't have many distinguishing features, which is why there are few pictures, I found the explore enjoyable nevertheless.

Penkhull Education Centre

39811999404_a60a8bdc53_b.jpg

Penkhull school opened in 1896 on land which was formerly part of the Mount Estate of Josiah Spode II. Its size and appearance are typical of many built in the Potteries during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Note the windows beneath the main gables, a reflection of the area's continued fascination with the Venetian style.

Far from being an eyesore, Penkhull Infants' School, which was built in 1896 by Stoke-on-Trent School Board to a design by local architects R Scrivener & Sons, is a superb example of the wave of late Victorian school buildings which were built after education was made compulsory for all children aged 5.

Happy Hours day nursery, Penkhull opened in 2003. It operates from two classrooms and the hall in the former Penkhull Infants School, which is now an education centre. Happy Hours serves the local area. [so the school closed prior to 2003]

40521887271_1a13e2a9c6_b.jpg

40479550152_4b941aa5b2_b.jpg

40521889611_3a678f2081_b.jpg

]
40479554582_e70c5fd6d6_b.jpg

Also, we made a video on this site. It is only short as the building didn't have too much to offer but it shows a more in depth explore if that's what your interested in.

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Awesome stuff, really showing me up here, given that it's about two minutes from my house. :oops:

Couldn't find a way in the last time I had a look around (will have to pop back), looks nice, well done!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Nice little school - the roof in the hall is almost the same as the one in the old North Primary School also in Stoke, but that one has long since been converted. Hopefully something decent happens to this one too.

condor00

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome stuff, really showing me up here, given that it's about two minutes from my house. :oops:

Couldn't find a way in the last time I had a look around (will have to pop back), looks nice, well done!
Sorry to bump an old thread but planning a trip up stoke ways and seeing as you live neae it wondering if you know whether this is still there? Thanks mate

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sorry to bump an old thread but planning a trip up stoke ways and seeing as you live neae it wondering if you know whether this is still there? Thanks mate

Most of it is yeah, they demolished the more "modern" bit shortly after this report and tightened the place up to stop the local scrotes getting in. Good luck for your trip, hope to see some reports!

condor00

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most of it is yeah, they demolished the more "modern" bit shortly after this report and tightened the place up to stop the local scrotes getting in. Good luck for your trip, hope to see some reports!
Thank you mate! Didn't realise how close it was to alot of other places we're visiting otherwise I would have just drove past to check. Definitely will see a few reports! Definitely a hotspot for good locations round there!

Sprogletto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If anyone plans on visiting its better to go in the evenings around 6pm onwards as in the day the car park and surroundings is used steadily from the Willows Primary staff especially around 3 to 5pm.