real time web analytics
Report - - Permanite, Matlock - September 2017 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Permanite, Matlock - September 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NickMarshall

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sliders right

Can you post the originals and not the over-processed pics you put up

Nah, sorry - plenty of pics of this place if you search for them. My photos are my interpretation of what I saw and how I want to portray it. I might do my next shoot differently, but this one stays as it is :thumb

I am going to have to ask,what processing have you applied to the shots.and to be honest we prefer more natural shots ,this kind of processing is going to get comments..the type you probably dont want

Photomatix Pro 6.0. I can do natural shots and as stated in my OP, I thought HDR suited the theme. I can cope with the comments and take them all on board.

They are nice photos. My only CC is next time use a camera lens instead of a kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope???

Way to much fiddling in post for my liking, you had some nice shots before you over egged them.

To be fair, you didn't see the originals, but your opinion is noted. Cheers ;)

NickMarshall

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Everyone was trying to be polite about your god awful HDR

And everyone was polite. I knew many wouldn't like it. Cheers for your concise summary though :thumb Quite happy that I've got a reaction, good or bad. Like I said, maybe I'll do something different next time - good to see people's opinions though.

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Arghh!! The dreaded HDR to enhance the shots! It's a practise that either looks fantastic or shite! Often it's just a cop out of using camera controls correctly in low light; use a flash, LED lighting or time exposures.
Sometimes, the surprise history can outshine the shots. So it's worth doing some research.
I used to live across the way from Cawdor Quarry in the early 80's and remember my house shaking when they blasted!
As for Not Many comments or Likes - at least Half of my explores were rejected from in here, ego's can cause problems so just enjoy the site for what it is and keep up with the exploring!

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
However bad you think the original pics were, you would of got a much better response if you'd just tweaked them a bit. Slight under/over exposure is not a problem, horrible HDR is.

NickMarshall

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Arghh!! The dreaded HDR to enhance the shots! It's a practise that either looks fantastic or shite! Often it's just a cop out of using camera controls correctly in low light; use a flash, LED lighting or time exposures.
Sometimes, the surprise history can outshine the shots. So it's worth doing some research.
I used to live across the way from Cawdor Quarry in the early 80's and remember my house shaking when they blasted!
As for Not Many comments or Likes - at least Half of my explores were rejected from in here, ego's can cause problems so just enjoy the site for what it is and keep up with the exploring!

However bad you think the original pics were, you would of got a much better response if you'd just tweaked them a bit. Slight under/over exposure is not a problem, horrible HDR is.

As I stated, I intended to make this an HDR shoot, hence bracketing my exposures. I knew some don't like it, again which I stated in my OP. Elsewhere, they get great responses - photography is subjective, what some will love, others will hate. Points noted for next time though, that it's not greatly received on here. No worries :D. In the meantime, here's one of the pics with normal LR edits :thumb

37185502825_fe6b4ac100_k.jpg
DSC00274 by davetheblade, on Flickr

expedition

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not too taken on the editing - kind of puts me off the report. Good explore on such a little place, nonetheless, man.