real time web analytics
Question - - Planning a summer Urbex | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Planning a summer Urbex

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

t0n3r

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys,

me & my friend are relatively new to the world of Urbex, we are trying to plan a summer of urbex, the only places we have visited are "Whittingham, Billinge Hospital & Camelot" just wondering what everyone's top 5 places to explore are & if anyone have any pointers or tips on some other "easy" places to possibly check out, appreciate any help :)

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
It might be best to decide on a country then start looking at what's there. Half the fun of a trip is the planning.

t0n3r

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It might be best to decide on a country then start looking at what's there. Half the fun of a trip is the planning.

Will want to keep in the UK, just interested in what people's fav explores have been

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I hope this is a joke. If not you need to do a bit more research! :rolleyes:

If you want an honest answer. Scotland or Wales might be a good bet. Like a holiday but with ample UE stops too. I like touring some of the more run down cities around the UK Liverpool, Brmingham etc. They all have good areas to stop off in and spend the day walking around seeing what you can find there and then. It sounds like you just want (in your own words too) an 'urbex' road trip which is basically just driving around the latest tourbex sites and in my opinion a bit meh. Go somewhere you can really explore.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Depending where you are in the UK, Dover is a good place to start. It is full of places to explore and most are easily accessible and low risk. Also a really nice place to wander around in the sun. Although with an opening post like this and the fact you want to only plan something for the summer then maybe this isn't the right "hobby" for you. We shall see, I hope you prove me wrong and post some interesting reports.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Will want to keep in the UK, just interested in what people's fav explores have been

Also bare in mind that an explore one person does and likes does not mean you will like it. Some people love spending days in Industrial places, other people like spending time in hospitals / asylums.

Each to their own, so it may be best for you to look through the reports on here and then come up with your top five favorite places, then you will have sorted out your own trip yourself of places you actually want to see, rather than places people have told you to go see.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
just wondering what everyone's top 5 places to explore are & if anyone have any pointers or tips on some other "easy" places to possibly check out, appreciate any help :)

I'll give a serious answer
The Works (Manchester), Megatron (Sheffield), a round underground reservoir (London), Underground reservoir (Leicester), Pesch an abandoned town in Germany.