real time web analytics
Please be careful | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Please be careful

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I quoted "why are house explores even allowed on here" why not its an exploring forum aint it? I can understand there is more implications of family ties etc so can cause more grief but that's just what we do.
Its a bit pointless saying we cant show certain types of places cos it may upset someone , its hardly the English heritage website!

That said I do think admin should implement the rule that they introduced & bin anything that is not "historically or architecturally interesting" as that was agreed on months ago
I don't really do houses now. But saying not much history in them or architecturally interest. I don't really see much of all that in a crane climb either. But that is liked on here. It's all personal preference ain't it.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I don't really do houses now. But saying not much history in them or architecturally interest. I don't really see much of all that in a crane climb either. But that is liked on here. It's all personal preference ain't it.

It shouldn't be personal preference at all, it should be to the rules that we all had massive discussion about 6 months ago & were then written down by admin here

I don't necessarily agree with it but that's the rules that they unanimously came up with but there is still a lot of houses (prob from myself included) that dont fit the bill.
Likewise I dont post many residentially but will keep doing so long as they allow them.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Owners of cranes don't cause the same issues for the forum that relatives of deceased (or, it turns out, still living) home owners do.
If it was down to personal preference then I think that section would be gone completely, but people do like it, which is why we're trying to find a balance and allow the ones with historical value to stay.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
This has happened to at least 2 people i know personally so god knows how many people are having thier houses broken into by goons every week..

I dont even object to the tresapsssing really. It's parading places round the internet like it's some kind of legitimate hobby that fucks me off.

Try explaining to your mate why people who supposedly have the same hobby as you think it's ok to break into thier home and post pictures of it on the internet..

If your into trespassing in peoples houses then go fill your boots but it shouldnt be allowed to be shown alongside legitimate exploring that has an actual point to it!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This has happened to at least 2 people i know personally so god knows how many people are having thier houses broken into by goons every week..

I dont even object to the tresapsssing really. It's parading places round the internet like it's some kind of legitimate hobby that fucks me off.

Try explaining to your mate why people who supposedly have the same hobby as you think it's ok to break into thier home and post pictures of it on the internet..

If your into trespassing in peoples houses then go fill your boots but it shouldnt be allowed to be shown alongside legitimate exploring that has an actual point to it!

Totally agree with the above, the goons just do it for the ratings, the more junk they can find left behind the better for them!
Not sure what you define as a "legitimate explore" though let me know when you find some that doesn't involve trespassing.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It shouldn't be personal preference at all, it should be to the rules that we all had massive discussion about 6 months ago & were then written down by admin here

I don't necessarily agree with it but that's the rules that they unanimously came up with but there is still a lot of houses (prob from myself included) that dont fit the bill.
Likewise I dont post many residentially but will keep doing so long as they allow them.
Yeah what I mean mate everyone likes different things in exploring. Just some things are not for others.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Owners of cranes don't cause the same issues for the forum that relatives of deceased (or, it turns out, still living) home owners do.
If it was down to personal preference then I think that section would be gone completely, but people do like it, which is why we're trying to find a balance and allow the ones with historical value to stay.
I totally agree with you on the problems that arise from houses. I have done some myself but just feel wrong if I was to do one nowadays. Plus everyone is doing them at the min and they cause most of the drama. I guess I mean from a neutral point that the architectural interest and history would be no different to a climb crane. I do like to see pics from climb cranes, but just not for me. And houses don't bother me either seeing them. I would sooner see industry or military on the forum all the time :D :D

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Even if views do benefit the site it's clearly not run with 'views' as a priority. Were not an YouTube channel..

Theres a line to be drawn clearly but the current idea that it's all about 'architecture and historical importance' misses the point entirely. Dont get me wrong we should have standards that means 60s bungalow explores get deleted simply because they are dross but the real problem isn't how interesting the posts are it's that the exploring of houses is bringing the hobby a bad name and is making what is already quite morally wishy washy activity totally undefensible to normal people.

Theres plenty of nice architecturally pleasing and historically important houses out there that are still peoples homes unfortunately so using that as a criteria doesnt address the issue.

I'd like to impose rules along the lines of 'dont be a dick' but people just dont get it. You give an inch and people take a mile.

mockney reject

Staff member
That said I do think admin should implement the rule that they introduced & bin anything that is not "historically or architecturally interesting" as that was agreed on months ago

We do, you should see the amount of shit we do actually bin. The residential forum has nearly 100 pages of shit that we have deleted and that you guys cant see lol

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
We do, you should see the amount of shit we do actually bin. The residential forum has nearly 100 pages of shit that we have deleted and that you guys cant see lol

Fair comment, good work.
in respect to @Down and beyond comment I assume that more view = more money from advertising, is this & donations actually how the site is funded?

Who has read this thread (Total: 339) View details