real time web analytics
Please be careful | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Please be careful

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mockney reject

Staff member
Fair comment, good work.
in respect to @Down and beyond comment I assume that more view = more money from advertising, is this & donations actually how the site is funded?

Mostly out of Ojay’s and Oxygen Thief’s own pockets.

People should remember this when pulling the forum to bits :(

Us moderators don’t take a wage, we take a load of shit and do this purely out of the love and loyalty to the community.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
So tbh I just don't get it. The residential forum doesn't make a significant finical contribution. It's a complete administrative overhead plus the mods just get shit on for running it. No one, except the OP, know where the vast majority of these sites actually are so no one else can actually visit them anyway. It begs the question - whats point of it?

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
ahh ok so it’s just donations. So even if their was lots more posts And reports it wouldn’t financially benefit the site .

Sorry I was being a bit pedantic as members really make a community. But I'd argue that residential sites on here probably don't get anywhere near the attention other stuff does and that's probably because shitty derp houses very much seem to be a facebook/goontube thing.

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I think when people start exploring, residential explores are an easy win for dipping your toe in the water and getting out there. The majority aren't belled up, are walk-in's, have a lack of security and are generally, hassle free. To be fair, after doing a few and seeing what others are doing non-residential wise, if people stick around most tend to move on to non residential stuff in the end.

It is probably in the last few years that they are more noticeable because of Goontube and Facebook (time chamber, untouched for years, yada, yada, yada) and seem to be accepted on GT and FB as legitimate urban exploring.

Personally, I don't like them and wouldn't do them simply because after having my parents house for nearly 20 years (in another country and not 10 mins down the road) before selling it, I know what a worry it can be when you can only visit / use it once or twice a month - is it secure, is it going to be broken into, will the pipes burst in winter and fuck over the place, does the garden look unkept to make it look like nobody is living there, etc.

And I know the last thing I would want to see was a gang of twats rifling through personal property and memories to get likes or to get people to 'smash the subscribe' button.

Each to the their own though as people are still going to do them but can fully understand the shite that Admin and the Mods get from them.

FILOtoby

Tunnels never use to be this tight!!
28DL Full Member
Any decent “explorer” would know that house wasn’t empty.... f**king hate YouTubers etc etc

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Any decent “explorer” would know that house wasn’t empty.... f**king hate YouTubers etc etc

I agree tbh, I wont le Iv been close to going in some that are occupied but u make a judgement call.
As prev mentioned even if they are "empty" if u explore a residential & dont realise that its actually owned by someone you are pretty dim imo

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Wandering around lived-in residential properties in the name of 'exploring' only seems to have really reared it's head over the last few years here, what with the rampant quest for likes on Facebook and subs on Youtube, it's almost like it's become a 'one-up' game of who can find the most untouched but most obviously occupied house to plaster all over the internet.

What we tend to forget is that it's also a practice which has been happening on the continent for years and years, so many of the 'untouched' chateaus that were being explored in France and Belgium were actually people's holiday homes vacant for six months or so of the year, and one of them - that chateau with an amazing greenhouse and Rolls Royce in the garden in France, was actually occupied whilst people were exploring it - there's an account from a friend of mine who went there (who didn't realise the situation) of looking through a window and seeing an elderly lady sat there looking scared out of her wits whilst a group of explorers was walking around upstairs.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wandering around lived-in residential properties in the name of 'exploring' only seems to have really reared it's head over the last few years here, what with the rampant quest for likes on Facebook and subs on Youtube, it's almost like it's become a 'one-up' game of who can find the most untouched but most obviously occupied house to plaster all over the internet.

What we tend to forget is that it's also a practice which has been happening on the continent for years and years, so many of the 'untouched' chateaus that were being explored in France and Belgium were actually people's holiday homes vacant for six months or so of the year, and one of them - that chateau with an amazing greenhouse and Rolls Royce in the garden in France, was actually occupied whilst people were exploring it - there's an account from a friend of mine who went there (who didn't realise the situation) of looking through a window and seeing an elderly lady sat there looking scared out of her wits whilst a group of explorers was walking around upstairs.

thats nuts aint it. I would never actually explore somewhere if I thought someone lived there or if it was just vacant for winter etc.
I will confess more than once Iv thought a place was abandoned only to look through a window or knock on a door to find someone there, it amazes me how some people live.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
'Thought' isnt enough. People should only be doing it if they know.

It's not just the fact goons are clueless either tbh I know some fairly well seasoned explorers who have been caught out... I know some guys who found an old 'derelict looking' house. They didnt know anything about it but tried to get in it anyway. Eventually got in the cellar through the coal hole but couldn't get up inside the main house. They returned a few days later to saw through the floor boards to get in but they were lazy and just parked on the front drive of the place. They got back in the cellar and were just about to cut through the floor when the heard the noise of a car outside.. upon investigation it was the owner (and resident) of the house pulling in the drive behind them.. Hed just popped out to the shops.

By all accounts took some explaining for the guy to move his car and let them out but probably a bit less than if they had just sawed a hole in his kitchen floor..

That's the reality of what's going on out there..

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
'Thought' isnt enough. People should only be doing it if they know.

It's not just the fact goons are clueless either tbh I know some fairly well seasoned explorers who have been caught out... I know some guys who found an old 'derelict looking' house. They didnt know anything about it but tried to get in it anyway. Eventually got in the cellar through the coal hole but couldn't get up inside the main house. They returned a few days later to saw through the floor boards to get in but they were lazy and just parked on the front drive of the place. They got back in the cellar and were just about to cut through the floor when the heard the noise of a car outside.. upon investigation it was the owner (and resident) of the house pulling in the drive behind them.. Hed just popped out to the shops.

By all accounts took some explaining for the guy to move his car and let them out but probably a bit less than if they had just sawed a hole in his kitchen floor..

That's the reality of what's going on out there..

I wouldn't call anyone willing to cut a hole through a floor a "seasoned explorer" ffs!

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Residentials are my go to tbh! I’ve done a few industrial stuff which I liked but I always have preferred residential explores, seems houses are what most people do these days anyway, everyones map who I know are 90% house pins .…. Tbh I don’t think many residential places are truly abandoned there just passed on to someone and left there’s always a story to why it ain’t being used, owner is in a carehome, it’s been left to a family member who lives else where, owner can’t face going in there for whatever reason so have moved else where there’s always a reason, a few are properly abandoned but not many I have some that ain’t been lived in for 30-40yrs and even they end up with new boards on so yea I guess 99% of the time it’s always left to someone even if it ain’t being used and literally left to rot.. doesn’t put me off exploring them though if I’m honest as I’m just 1 of many who are going to explore it anyway, aslong as I leave it how I find it you won’t even know I’ve been there

If the residential thread is kept or not it won’t make no difference! house pins are being traded left right n centre for other house pins and in all fairness most of the houses I see posted up on here are normally old smashed up or empty… newly found houses are toured within a week.. if you don’t want your unused home explored I suggest your best option is to alarm it I guess

Who has read this thread (Total: 339) View details