real time web analytics
Report - - Port Mulgrave Ironstone Mine & Tunnel. MAY 2015 | Underground Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Port Mulgrave Ironstone Mine & Tunnel. MAY 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
AR, this is epic stuff :thumb
Some excellent photos on what is clearly a dangerous site
Glad you got out ok, and glad your emphasizing the situation here

Cheers mate.

Epic as i can"t find any reports going this far into the system , plus decent pics & not being crushed by epic roof collapses or the epic clusterf@ck of incompetence & near death that it was?

I can"t over emphasize the Danger enough, i"d be an even bigger :wanker if i didn"t

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't suppose you'll have hung around at the entrance long enough to see the fucking huge cave spiders nesting in the wall? Put the shits up me far more than low O2 did .... Proper evil looking bastard and they.move hellish quick. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I thought they"d be dead by now with what i left them, obviously the smell didn"t put you off going in lol

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Holy shit man, I am glad that you are okay and realised what was happening to you, scary stuff and a heads up for anyone who goes underground in confined spaces....two glorious sets of photos mate.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Holy shit man, I am glad that you are okay and realised what was happening to you, scary stuff and a heads up for anyone who goes underground in confined spaces....two glorious sets of photos mate.

Cheers T-K
I do know better, especially after having a smaller episode in Tranmere the other month. This one needs some kind of BA system but TBH it"s not worth it

Altair

Poking holes since '84
28DL Full Member
Excellent couple of reports there. Really enjoyed reading about the place and your experience down there, just glad all worked out well in the end. Must be said you've got some cracking photos with some lovely colours, although as you said certainly not worth dying for.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent couple of reports there. Really enjoyed reading about the place and your experience down there, just glad all worked out well in the end. Must be said you've got some cracking photos with some lovely colours, although as you said certainly not worth dying for.

Cheers mate And i do try occasionally lol

I suppose the only benefit is I do reverse shots as I progress just in case something happens to prevent my reverse route through tunnels. Normally that involves aggressive Tw@ts etc not a lack of O2 ;)

Have to see how it develops now it's on the interweb for everyone to see.

Hopefully The follow up report from Muntagen will reinforce any dangers I mentioned in my report, more especially so for anyone that doubted me.

It's a killer .Theres no other words for it. Hopefully people will take note and keep away rather than see it as a challenge .

Hopefully the location will reduce potential traffic further and it'll just be correctly equipped explorers.

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sweet shots of the place mate but f#ck me you are a lucky bugger, and a w@nker lol. Glad you got out safe and no lasting damage, well that we know of

And all that solo exploring in tunnels mate, way too dodgy!

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Just read this properly including highlighting the white bits. You're a lucky man and a loony too.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sweet shots of the place mate but f#ck me you are a lucky bugger, and a w@nker lol. Glad you got out safe and no lasting damage, well that we know of

And all that solo exploring in tunnels mate, way too dodgy!

Cheers mate ;)
Got to put my hands up and be honest about it.

& Hindsight is a beautiful thing . But it's one of those risks we take on a daily basis doing this stuff. What is more risky ? Climbing Palisade ? Going into an Azzy filled basement or building? Climbing High Rise or Scaff ? Live Rail Networks? Sewer systems & chlverts etc etc all have the high potential for injury or death.

Yes I appreciated the risks as I knew them although with next to no information regarding the Tunnels it was always going to be questionable. Whether iI'm more complacent after doing multiple tunnel visits over the last few months (even those sealed at one end without airshafts ) or the lack of sleep or my obvious ignorance to realise that actually i may not be aware of atmospheric changes affecting my body before something serious happens which I had no contingency plans for .......which is again going back to being complacent. This didn't happen when I was diving, I had multiple options of back up.devices and indeed reserve air so should approach this in the same manner really.

But we don't sometimes. Hopefully there's a lesson in this & not just for me ;)

I've had multiple conversations regarding this post and some people seem to ignore the obvious statements regarding the low O2 content air inside this place. (As demonstrated by Muntagens visit with a meter) it's not being replenished as some people seem to expect, or if it is slightly it will be the same for anyone else following in my footsteps without some kind of BA system etc.
Plus the constant threat of repeated roof collapses which going off the state of the piles of rock are a regular occurrence as they had no water or other contamination on them & you can here stuff falling down even before you knock into it trying to climb up into the roof voids.

Not sure if this makes any sense as mobile keeps crashing repeatedly? & it's less than useless on the new site format . I'll have to edit on the PC

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just read this properly including highlighting the white bits. You're a lucky man and a loony too.

Yeah I've been called lots of thing over the years but ever been called lucky before ;)

Very lucky to say the least.

The_Raw

Staff member
Might I suggest this as the location for the next 28 meet? Looks lovely in these pics and a great place for a jolly good old knees up :D

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Might I suggest this as the location for the next 28 meet? Looks lovely in these pics and a great place for a jolly good old knees up :D
A cracking idea - pretty much on my doorstep. It could be the North Yorkshire version of the Davidian cult in Waco.
:cool:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I'm not sure about that mate some may suggest it lacks the "atmosphere" of a wetherspoons lol