real time web analytics
Report - - Port Mulgrave Ironstone Mine & Tunnel. MAY 2015 | Underground Sites | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Port Mulgrave Ironstone Mine & Tunnel. MAY 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Update :- On a recent short break in the area i re-visited with the Girlfriend (who doesn"t love a Tunnel of Death ;)
Going off the vegetation etc it"s clear there"s been no visitors for quite a while (hopefully ?) i"ll add that the water levels have risen once again, presumably further collapses have blocked the Audit that i"d previously cleared out lowering the level during my visit.

And following my original visit & associated problems & @Mutagen going in with his Gas meter showing 15% 02 quite near the twin entrance Portal we decided to GTFO pretty quickly this time .....hindsights great :thumb

I notice nothings appeared on the NET since our visits regarding the tunnels so hopefully anyone interested have headed the warnings above & there"s not a couple of bodies hidden away out of site behind the roof collapses :eek: obviously it"s location is way off the beaten track for most people as it"s not called Camelot, there"s no Brownie points for visiting here thankfully.

Following on from multiple Tunnel. Sewer & Mines visits (admittedly with some issues) i"ve finally got a 4Gas Meter, but won"t be returning here to test it out that"s for sure. Thankfully i"ve done all the accessible Eastern sections, as some things are just too risky without adding low O2 & roof collapses into the equation.

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another brief update: went back for another poke around a couple of days ago. Water levels have risen since my last visit, but not alarmingly so. O2 levels were up around 20% in the first section of the tram tunnel but then dropped quickly at the foot of the first tramway collapse to 17%. On top of the collapse in the void, O2 was 15% then it was 12.9% and dropping quickly on the other side. At that point, I got the feck out as the O2 was dropping at 0.1% every few seconds. Not nice and not worth that little bit of a walk to the tramway junction.