real time web analytics
Report - - Port Mulgrave ironstone mine + tunnel, May 2015 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Port Mulgrave ironstone mine + tunnel, May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jonathan123456789

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would digging out the collapses increase the amount of oxygen in there? We went the other day and got down the tram tunnel so far and we seemed to be fine and didn't notice any difficulty breathing was just the water level and mud was quite high so I didn't go to the end as I didn't want wet feet-dont know if it was that deep when you went, - there was a lot of rain at weekend when we went or if I just need to man up and deal with the wet mud in my wellies lol. I would go back and if digging the collapses and clearing them out would get more oxygen in there I wouldn't mind giving it ago. enjoyed your report and Acids too. Thanks

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a pretty futile task - there are serious collapses all along the length of the tunnel and trying to dig the complete collapses would kill you, literally. You'd use up what little oxygen is in there in no time. It's a fool's errand, albeit a tempting one!

jonathan123456789

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a pretty futile task - there are serious collapses all along the length of the tunnel and trying to dig the complete collapses would kill you, literally. You'd use up what little oxygen is in there in no time. It's a fool's errand, albeit a tempting one!

We went there again yesterday as there has been no rain for sometime-hoping the water level would have dropped-unfortunately it hadn't, so I decided to man up and go through it anyway-it come up to about my knee caps and was freezing cold at first but isn't that bad when you get used to it. :D I got over the collapse no bother but on the other side more or less straight away noticed a difference in my breathing so I took a few photos then went back, on the way down the collapse I began moving some off the rock and it moved very easily-in fact it was sliding down in to the water as I was coming down back to the main tunnel. This makes me think It wouldn't be very hard to move at all. However like you said its the lack of oxygen no matter how easy the rocks move I'd still be using what little oxygen there is up. Shame really but better to be safe than sorry I suppose :) Thanks