real time web analytics
Report - - RAE Bedford 8x8 Control Rooms - August 2023 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAE Bedford 8x8 Control Rooms - August 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
I think it was just more the building that had more features, the control room was just an extra in the 3x3. The circle skylights, the parquet flooring in the long hall, the old offices. I liked all the old little electrical switches inside, the offices above the main entrance with the glass blocks. I exceptionally liked the original toilet block with porcelain urinals, the old raised cistern and a little tap above the taps. Obviously the 8x8 control room is stunning and a really good example. I did like both very much. I just felt the 3x3 had a bit more to see.
Yeah tbh I do agree it had more features to see in it. Felt a bit more like the whole building was straight out of the 50s even down to the little slips of paper with various jet related text on. Those circle skylights made for some very nice shots

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah tbh I do agree it had more features to see in it. Felt a bit more like the whole building was straight out of the 50s even down to the little slips of paper with various jet related text on. Those circle skylights made for some very nice shots
I liked the cabinets with all the blueprints in it as well.

Eread30

28DL Member
28DL Member
Very nicely covered.
as I mentioned prev the bodyflight windtunnel is pretty cool, I was responsible for reinstalling & welding the fan support structure at top of the tunnel there about 10yr ago. its a cool structure with submarine type doors around the outside of the tunnel.
There is a small spa pool in there too & a surf simulator in the other room & a small engineering shop. not sure if it will ever be open, I believe the nursery is still live & pretty much operates out of the same building
Can we message?

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Just got this 35mm film shot developed - could be 1957!

000915770036 (2).jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 254) View details