real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Hockering, Norfolk, (WW2 Ammo dump) | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Hockering, Norfolk, (WW2 Ammo dump)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

nicktay86

28DL Member
28DL Member
Today my father in law said he knows of an old Ammunition store in the middle of a wooded area in the surrounding area where i live. So i had a pants digital camera with me as i always carry one just in case, (you never know when or where) and went on an explore.
My father in law told me the local story about this place is that it was built during WW2 and used as comms and forward ammo post for the raf. I can quite believe this as the RAF presence was very strong in this area.
I have done a bit of research on the place and little is known about its location, so i thought i would post some (VERY) amateur pictures of what i could take in the twenty mins i was there but do not worry i am going back with a better camera and the time to explore deeper. Apparently it goes back about five miles. Who knows whats out there, maybe a teddy bears picnic haha.
Another forum has been talking about this place since 2009, heres the link to it http://www.airfieldinformationexcha...kering-Norfolk-Forward-Ammunition-Depot/page4

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

Thanks for looking, any critcism welcomed, i am a beginner and need all the help i can get ( only on her not in life :eek:)