real time web analytics
Report - - Redler Conveyors, Stroud - February 2017 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Redler Conveyors, Stroud - February 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Worked here from 1960 till Redlers moved out early 2000's. Pity you didn't get to see the whole site, in its heyday it included the buildings on the far side of the river Frome (now redeveloped as flats). Somewhere I have old photo of one of the work rooms when Apperleys were there.

Yeah I think it was only a couple of months between the time I started exploring and when work commenced on those other buildings. Shame really as they looked good. Would love to see that picture

Last edited:

Niterunner

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Appreciated looking at those pictures - I grew up just around the corner up Dudbridge Hill. As a kid I was always fascinated by those circular vents with the large fans that, if I recall correctly, always seemed to turn slowly.

There's very little left around that area of the buildings and sights that were so familiar from the last 60 years. For me at least it's easy to see how things get lost in history over the centuries if so much disappears after a few decades.