Web
Analytics
Report - - Redmires Plughole "inspection", Sheffield - June 2011 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Redmires Plughole "inspection", Sheffield - June 2011

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Redmires Top Dam Bellmouth Overflow
Inspected by WB & Ludo Finster, free of charge. :thumb

Inspired by Stepping Lightly's "Inspection" of Greenbooth with Ojay, I thought it right to inspect my local overflow...

I had seen this one before, but had no idea how deep it went or where the outfall was, so we went prepared with all manner of rope gear & SRT equipment...

IMG_3295.jpg

Turned out we probably could have climbed down very carefully, the last step is maybe 10ft from the bottom, but for practice & lulz we abbed our way down. :)

IMG_3297.jpg

On with the inspection:

Old stonework in good order, off to a great start.

IMG_3277.jpg

Refurbished tapering channel down to RCP, good effort!

IMG_3285.jpg

Bunker??? Recently fitted RCP by the looks of it.

IMG_3290.jpg

Outfall stone dressing in great condition.

IMG_3293.jpg

Yorkshire Water need not panic, this overflow is in tip top condition.
However this shouldn't stop people from regularly inspecting its condition. :thumb

In ur plugholez...

IMG_3301.jpg

Thanks for looking.

WB.

Attachments

Last edited: